Helpful Links

Ordered iPhone 4 on 7/15. Premier dropped the ball

Tutor

Ordered iPhone 4 on 7/15. Premier dropped the ball

I ordered two iphone 4's on July 15. The order went throught fine, but then I got an email on the weekend saying my order needed more information.

After waiting until Monday (Premier closed on weekends) I spent 4 hours on hold with Premier to find out that they had a computer error for my data plan's code.

They said they'd fix the problem, but now my order shows up at being placed 7/26. They said I'd have to wait 14 days from my new order date. No one will put my order in line where it should have been.

Now I have 2 different orders showing. ONe on the Premier page, and one on the ATT order status page

[Image Removed: Please View your Private Messages] - pamelaz

BBB complaint filed. Very upset customer.

Message 1 of 14

Re: Ordered iPhone 4 on 7/15. Premier dropped the ball

Thats normal that you have two different status' I had that too when I ordered through premiere.  The premiere site will not show that you are on backorder but will update once the actual device ships.  Now for them messing up your oder code yes needs to be addressed.  You should just walk into an Apple store if available in your area.

Message 2 of 14
Professor

Its a mistake, I dont see why the BBB has to get involved. Its not like they targeted you personally.

Message 3 of 14
Tutor

s a Re: Ordered iPhone 4 on 7/15. Premier dropped the ball

It's a mistake they are unwilling to fix. BBB is designed to help resolve disputes that are not resolved using the normal channels.

Message 4 of 14
Professor

Re: s a Re: Ordered iPhone 4 on 7/15. Premier dropped the ball

That is true, the BBB is designed to do that. I just cant help thinking you could have spent your time a little better. Maybe checking local Apple stores to see if any are in stock, then you could cancel the premier order.

Either way, this is a peer-to-peer forum, no official ATT support can be found on the forum itself.

Message 5 of 14
Professor

But if ShepDawg is a Premier customer, wouldn't s/he have to go through the whole remove the discount/reinstate the discount dance to get the phone from an Apple store?  I can understand wanting to wait for AT&T to place the order again, rather than go through the discount dance.

Message 6 of 14
Professor

Shouldnt have to do the discount dance, you dont see that much since the iPhone 3G activations.

Message 7 of 14
Tutor

Premier is a JOKE..I think they mess up everyone's order and blame it on a "glitch". I ordered 7/9, the following Monday my status showed "Attention" I called, waited on hold to be told there was no problem, the attention message never went away, the following Thurs. I received a message there was a problem, called Thursday, thought it was resolved, assured everything was okay, another error message on Friday..It went on and on and on.... Finally got it all squared away, not to mention they charged my card twice, and they changed my order date to 7/19..All because of their "glitch".

BTW, my order finally shipped today, will have it tomorrow..FINALLY!

Message 8 of 14
Scholar

I've never had a problem with Premier.
Message 9 of 14
Professor

mariagail wrote:

Premier is a JOKE..I think they mess up everyone's order and blame it on a "glitch". I ordered 7/9, the following Monday my status showed "Attention" I called, waited on hold to be told there was no problem, the attention message never went away, the following Thurs. I received a message there was a problem, called Thursday, thought it was resolved, assured everything was okay, another error message on Friday..It went on and on and on.... Finally got it all squared away, not to mention they charged my card twice, and they changed my order date to 7/19..All because of their "glitch".

BTW, my order finally shipped today, will have it tomorrow..FINALLY!

You do know, its bad luck to talk about Premier like that before your iPhone is in hand... Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Tutor

Woman Very Happy LOL...I should probably watch the FedEx tracking to see if FEDEx did a U-turn to take it back to AT&T.

Message 11 of 14
Tutor

mariagail did you end up getting your phone?

Message 12 of 14
Mentor

shepdawg wrote:

I ordered two iphone 4's on July 15. The order went throught fine, but then I got an email on the weekend saying my order needed more information.

After waiting until Monday (Premier closed on weekends) I spent 4 hours on hold with Premier to find out that they had a computer error for my data plan's code.

They said they'd fix the problem, but now my order shows up at being placed 7/26. They said I'd have to wait 14 days from my new order date. No one will put my order in line where it should have been.

Now I have 2 different orders showing. ONe on the Premier page, and one on the ATT order status page

[Image Removed: Please View your Private Messages] - pamelaz

BBB complaint filed. Very upset customer.

Which data plan code did you have problems with? I have waited 11 business days for my phone so far and I am hoping I don't have the same error on mine.

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Mentor

Still under back ordered. I am going to try to be as patient as I can, but if I don't have my phone off backorder by Monday, I am probably going to call AT&T, cancel my order and go to the Apple store 20 minutes away...

What do you guys suggest?

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support