Option GT Ultra...external antenna?

Tutor

Option GT Ultra...external antenna?

I live in rural area, where signal strength is often marginal. Can someone suggest whether (a) an external antenna may be helpful, and (b) where may I purchase one? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (2,592 Views)
Mentor

Re: Option GT Ultra...external antenna?

Yes an external antenna helps, Im using one on my 875 card and it inproved the spped quite a bit. Ebay is a good place to look for one.
I think the username is cellgear for the guy dealing in them.
 Tom
Message 2 of 5 (2,582 Views)
Tutor

Thank you, Tom.
Robert
Message 3 of 5 (2,580 Views)
Contributor

I have a cabin where the only connection is a (marginal) EDGE service. I bought an external/internal antenna and amplifier combo from www.maximumsignal.net. It was expensive, >$400, but it makes a huge difference. The owner is very good to deal with. He actually phoned me to discuss my needs and make sure I was ordering the correct gear for my situation. Pretty amazing service!

~Damian
Message 4 of 5 (2,564 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Damian, thanks. I contacted Maximum and they suggested a combo package as well. However, in the interest of testing one upgrade at a time - and saving money in the process - I will start by ordering their 9 dbi desktop antenna and adapter. I can add the amplifier later, if the antenna-only improvement is not satisfactory.
Thanks again for your lead.
Robert
Message 5 of 5 (2,524 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.