Option GT Ultra...external antenna?

Tutor

Option GT Ultra...external antenna?

I live in rural area, where signal strength is often marginal. Can someone suggest whether (a) an external antenna may be helpful, and (b) where may I purchase one? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Mentor

Re: Option GT Ultra...external antenna?

Yes an external antenna helps, Im using one on my 875 card and it inproved the spped quite a bit. Ebay is a good place to look for one.
I think the username is cellgear for the guy dealing in them.
 Tom
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thank you, Tom.
Robert
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I have a cabin where the only connection is a (marginal) EDGE service. I bought an external/internal antenna and amplifier combo from www.maximumsignal.net. It was expensive, >$400, but it makes a huge difference. The owner is very good to deal with. He actually phoned me to discuss my needs and make sure I was ordering the correct gear for my situation. Pretty amazing service!

~Damian
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Tutor

Damian, thanks. I contacted Maximum and they suggested a combo package as well. However, in the interest of testing one upgrade at a time - and saving money in the process - I will start by ordering their 9 dbi desktop antenna and adapter. I can add the amplifier later, if the antenna-only improvement is not satisfactory.
Thanks again for your lead.
Robert
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support