Option GT Max 3.6 and Vista 64

Contributor

Option GT Max 3.6 and Vista 64

I have a Lenovo T61p with the Option GT  Max 3.6 card. When I run ATT Communication Manager and select Connect it tries to connect then quickly returns to ready mode. It never connects. The card connects fine on other laptops and other XP machines.

Here are my versions:
Windows Vista Business Edition 64 SP1
Lenovo T61P
Option Firmware 1.12.1Hd
ATT Communication Manager 6.7.24.0
GSM Enabled
PC Card Model GX0202

Any ideas?

Things I've tried:
1) Uninstall and reinstall Comm Mgr.
2) Uninstall ATT Comm Mgr and install Option Comm Mgr. This wouldn't install.
3) Verified card works on other machines (not Vista though).
4) Update PC card firmware.

Message 1 of 3 (3,368 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Option GT Max 3.6 and Vista 64

mblasto wrote:
I have a Lenovo T61p with the Option GT  Max 3.6 card. When I run ATT Communication Manager and select Connect it tries to connect then quickly returns to ready mode. It never connects. The card connects fine on other laptops and other XP machines.

Here are my versions:
Windows Vista Business Edition 64 SP1
Lenovo T61P
Option Firmware 1.12.1Hd
ATT Communication Manager 6.7.24.0
GSM Enabled
PC Card Model GX0202

Any ideas?

Things I've tried:
1) Uninstall and reinstall Comm Mgr.
2) Uninstall ATT Comm Mgr and install Option Comm Mgr. This wouldn't install.
3) Verified card works on other machines (not Vista though).
4) Update PC card firmware.

The Option 3.6 connects via a RAS based (think dial-up) connection.  Recently, some OEMs have been shipping computers with crippled RAS services.  The best way to check to see if this is the case is to try to setup a standard Dial-up networking connection.  If the option isn't present (step 5 in the linked article below) then your RAS services are not working properly and you need to contact Lenovo.  You can further prove this by trying to setup a connection over the computers integrated anolog modem, it won't work.

Message 2 of 3 (3,334 Views)
Contributor

Re: Option GT Max 3.6 and Vista 64

Luckey,

That was the ticket - RAS and Telephony services were turned off in Vista's services. When I enabled the appropriate services the ATT Connection Manager could connect.

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 3 (3,317 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.