Helpful Links

Option GT MAX 3.6 sim card

BAT
Scholar

Option GT MAX 3.6 sim card

I have just bought the Option GT MAX 3.6 with unlimited data plan, but where I use it, I do not receive a signal. I have tried using the external antenna port, and different types of antenna (within the bag I carry it in) does not seem to help.. I can not put antenna out where it would do any good..

What I want to know is  IF I take the sim card out of the PC card, and place it in my phone, tether it to my laptop, would that be OK with AT&T ?  My Phone gets 2 bars, and it seem work great, I just want to make sure before I keep connecting like this?

OR any ideas on how to use the external antenna jack, with something small I can keep in my PC bag,..

Also, I was thinking about switching to the Sierra Wireless AirCard® 881 card, would this be better.. ?

Thanks
BAT

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Option GT MAX 3.6 sim card

yes, you can use a laptop connect sim card to tether via phone.
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

can you buy a pc card and use a SIM card from a phone [w. unlimited internet] in the PC card.  [not activate a new plan just for internet for use with the pc card]
Message 3 of 4
Professor

If that phone's SIM has a tethering plan, yes. (Possibly.) If it only has unlimited data, no.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support