Option GT MAX 3.6 sim card

BAT
Scholar

Option GT MAX 3.6 sim card

I have just bought the Option GT MAX 3.6 with unlimited data plan, but where I use it, I do not receive a signal. I have tried using the external antenna port, and different types of antenna (within the bag I carry it in) does not seem to help.. I can not put antenna out where it would do any good..

What I want to know is  IF I take the sim card out of the PC card, and place it in my phone, tether it to my laptop, would that be OK with AT&T ?  My Phone gets 2 bars, and it seem work great, I just want to make sure before I keep connecting like this?

OR any ideas on how to use the external antenna jack, with something small I can keep in my PC bag,..

Also, I was thinking about switching to the Sierra Wireless AirCard® 881 card, would this be better.. ?

Thanks
BAT

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Option GT MAX 3.6 sim card

yes, you can use a laptop connect sim card to tether via phone.
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

can you buy a pc card and use a SIM card from a phone [w. unlimited internet] in the PC card.  [not activate a new plan just for internet for use with the pc card]
Message 3 of 4
Professor

If that phone's SIM has a tethering plan, yes. (Possibly.) If it only has unlimited data, no.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support