Only able to text other iPhones

Contributor

Only able to text other iPhones

I can't send or receive text messages with a Samsung Galaxy cellphone. I just got my phone on Monday. Everything was fine until I got this new iPhone. I talked to customer service, he reset my phone in the system and I tried deleting and then re-adding the contact and that still isn't working. Anyone know what's up?

Message 1 of 7
Master

Re: Only able to text other iPhones

Are you using the stock messaging application on your iPhone or are you using iMessage, specifically?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Yes I'm using the app that came on the phone. I can't text my roommates iPhone 4s either
Message 3 of 7
Master

Try checking your message center number. If that's not the problem, you may need to reset your phone or try a new SIM card.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I tried resetting it a few times. I can text a few other people that have AT&T iPhones, but not all. I can't text my brother's Verizon iPhone, nor can I text his wife's either. HELP!

Message 5 of 7
Master

I'm not sure what to suggest other than perhaps try a new SIM card? How long have you had your current microSIM?

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

Being able to text other iphones only doesn't tell you much since that could be iMessage, not SMS. Sounds like you/re not able to send or receive SMS at all, are you sure it is enabled on your account? Is the non-iphone number you are trying to text an ATT number or other carrier? Did you recently port your number?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support