Helpful Links

Only able to text other iPhones

Contributor

Only able to text other iPhones

I can't send or receive text messages with a Samsung Galaxy cellphone. I just got my phone on Monday. Everything was fine until I got this new iPhone. I talked to customer service, he reset my phone in the system and I tried deleting and then re-adding the contact and that still isn't working. Anyone know what's up?

Message 1 of 7
Master

Re: Only able to text other iPhones

Are you using the stock messaging application on your iPhone or are you using iMessage, specifically?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Yes I'm using the app that came on the phone. I can't text my roommates iPhone 4s either
Message 3 of 7
Master

Try checking your message center number. If that's not the problem, you may need to reset your phone or try a new SIM card.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I tried resetting it a few times. I can text a few other people that have AT&T iPhones, but not all. I can't text my brother's Verizon iPhone, nor can I text his wife's either. HELP!

Message 5 of 7
Master

I'm not sure what to suggest other than perhaps try a new SIM card? How long have you had your current microSIM?

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Being able to text other iphones only doesn't tell you much since that could be iMessage, not SMS. Sounds like you/re not able to send or receive SMS at all, are you sure it is enabled on your account? Is the non-iphone number you are trying to text an ATT number or other carrier? Did you recently port your number?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support