One line eligible for upgrade without commitment, the other with commitment. How does that work?

One line eligible for upgrade without commitment, the other with commitment. How does that work?

[ Edited ]

I am on a family plan with three other people. One line was just added less than 3 months ago. I was interested in upgrading my phone to the 4G from my 3G, but saw that all the lines on the family plan EXCEPT mine are eligible for an upgrade with "no commit equipment pricing and without signing a 2 year contract".

I don't understand that. Ive had the same line on this family plan for almost 2 years now and only my line isn't eligible for an upgrade without signing a two year contract. The other three, including the one that was JUST added, are available for an upgrade with no commitments. I am not the primary account holder, although am authorized to make changes if necessary.

How does this work?

Message 1 of 3 (453 Views)
Expert

Re: One line eligible for upgrade without commitment, the other with commitment. How does that work?

avande1882 wrote:

I am on a family plan with three other people. One line was just added less than 3 months ago. I was interested in upgrading my phone to the 4G from my 3G, but saw that all the lines on the family plan EXCEPT mine are eligible for an upgrade with "no commit equipment pricing and without signing a 2 year contract".

I don't understand that. Ive had the same line on this family plan for almost 2 years now and only my line isn't eligible for an upgrade without signing a two year contract. The other three, including the one that was JUST added, are available for an upgrade with no commitments. I am not the primary account holder, although am authorized to make changes if necessary.

How does this work?

"no commitment upgrade" = you pay full price for the phone with no lower cost, if the value of the phone is 500.00 you pay 500.00 no credit from ATT

If you are not seeing that you maybe elegibile for a discounted price with the commitment.

Message 2 of 3 (449 Views)

Re: One line eligible for upgrade without commitment, the other with commitment. How does that work?

Thanks..so basically i am the only one eligible for an upgrade at a reduced rate and the others are not? I think I was misunderstanding the statement. I was reading it  as if I am the only one NOT elgible for an upgrade..It makes more sense considering the remaining members of the family plan, all three of them, just upgraded their phones within the past 2 months or so.

thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (440 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.