Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 22, 2011
3:36:49 PM
View profile
Okay, I need help ASAP!

I broke my LG Thrive. Smiley Sad Sad, I know.

My grandmother gave me an old at&t phone to use until I get my phone fixed.

I tried putting my sim in this phone and it wouldn't work, why is this?

What do I do?

I can't login on at&t to port the number or anything either.. :/

I broke my LG Thrive. Smiley Sad Sad, I know.

My grandmother gave me an old at&t phone to use until I get my phone fixed.

I tried putting my sim in this phone and it wouldn't work, why is this?

What do I do?

I can't login on at&t to port the number or anything either.. :/

Okay, I need help ASAP!

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2011 9:53:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Didn't you just get it a few months ago? Smiley Happy

First of all, what kind of error message are you getting? Something such as "Invalid SIM Card" or "SIM not provisioned MM#2"? Or is there something else that could be causing the problem that you are seeing on the phone?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Didn't you just get it a few months ago? Smiley Happy

First of all, what kind of error message are you getting? Something such as "Invalid SIM Card" or "SIM not provisioned MM#2"? Or is there something else that could be causing the problem that you are seeing on the phone?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Okay, I need help ASAP!

2 of 6 (345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 10:57:39 AM
(0)
Guru
Have you used the current sim for at least 6 months? I think the prepaid sims are locked to original Phone until 6 months have passed. I would call AT&T to see if that's the issue.
Have you used the current sim for at least 6 months? I think the prepaid sims are locked to original Phone until 6 months have passed. I would call AT&T to see if that's the issue.

3 of 6 (338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 3:23:42 PM
(0)
Teacher
The Prepaid SIM Cards are SIM Locked to that particular phone for a time period for up to 6 months. Call Customer Care and explain your situation and if you have any old AT&T SIMs laying around, just give them the IMEI number of that particular SIM and you should be on your way.

Hope this helps.
The Prepaid SIM Cards are SIM Locked to that particular phone for a time period for up to 6 months. Call Customer Care and explain your situation and if you have any old AT&T SIMs laying around, just give them the IMEI number of that particular SIM and you should be on your way.

Hope this helps.

4 of 6 (318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2011 12:08:40 PM
(0)
Mentor
I had the same problem. I had a GoPhone with the SIM locked to it, I called ATT and they unlocked it for me. I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.
I had the same problem. I had a GoPhone with the SIM locked to it, I called ATT and they unlocked it for me. I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.

5 of 6 (303 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2012 11:45:14 AM
(0)
Explorer
adden96: a sim card can not be reused. You can't just give them the number of an old sim and have it activated.
adden96: a sim card can not be reused. You can't just give them the number of an old sim and have it activated.

6 of 6 (273 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments