Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2010
11:35:33 AM
View profile
Ok, ebay time

I'm selling my iphone 4 on ebay. Smiley Sad its unfortunate but i need to money. anyways, what do i need to do exactly before i ship the phone off to the new owner? restore to factory settings, i know. and take the sim card out? right. but what do i do with the sim because it wont fit in other phones. AND also how can i change my bill so that im not paying for an iphone anymore?

I'm selling my iphone 4 on ebay. Smiley Sad its unfortunate but i need to money. anyways, what do i need to do exactly before i ship the phone off to the new owner? restore to factory settings, i know. and take the sim card out? right. but what do i do with the sim because it wont fit in other phones. AND also how can i change my bill so that im not paying for an iphone anymore?

Ok, ebay time

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 11:51:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

Go by an AT&T store, they can get you a new sim, and set you up on a non smart phone plan, if you have a non smart phone you are activating.

Go by an AT&T store, they can get you a new sim, and set you up on a non smart phone plan, if you have a non smart phone you are activating.

Re: Ok, ebay time

2 of 12 (1,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 9:02:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

...and bring along a few hundred dollars or so for the early termination fee Smiley Sad  If you have a 4, they you're still under contract...

...and bring along a few hundred dollars or so for the early termination fee Smiley Sad  If you have a 4, they you're still under contract...

3 of 12 (1,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 9:31:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

Not if they bought it without a contract...

4 of 12 (1,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 9:32:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

He didn't, but thanks for stopping by Smiley Wink

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

He didn't, but thanks for stopping by Smiley Wink

5 of 12 (1,106 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 9:38:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

So I take it their was another thread he posted saying this. I know most wouldn't, but there are some that waste the extra money for some reason.

So I take it their was another thread he posted saying this. I know most wouldn't, but there are some that waste the extra money for some reason.

6 of 12 (1,104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 3:15:27 AM
(0)
Professor

benjitek wrote:

Wrong! reread his post he saying he wont have a smart phone on his bill.

after it sells restore your Iphone 4 to factory settings.remove the sim card. contact AT&T tell them you no longer have the Iphone 4 and you wish to remove the data plan. and if you got a new phone non smart phone you need a sim card for that phone activated on your account.

benjitek wrote:

Wrong! reread his post he saying he wont have a smart phone on his bill.

after it sells restore your Iphone 4 to factory settings.remove the sim card. contact AT&T tell them you no longer have the Iphone 4 and you wish to remove the data plan. and if you got a new phone non smart phone you need a sim card for that phone activated on your account.

hello!!!

7 of 12 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 5:40:54 AM
(0)
Master

You can switch phones at any point in a contract without incurring an ETF.  AT&T just won't provide you with another phone at a discount.  But thanks for stopping by...

benjitek wrote:

You can switch phones at any point in a contract without incurring an ETF.  AT&T just won't provide you with another phone at a discount.  But thanks for stopping by...

benjitek wrote:

8 of 12 (1,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 10:02:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

alright so, i took out the sim and actually put it into a samsung eternity phone. would i be able to buy another iphone 4 in the next 3-6 months? if i dont change the plan?

alright so, i took out the sim and actually put it into a samsung eternity phone. would i be able to buy another iphone 4 in the next 3-6 months? if i dont change the plan?

9 of 12 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 10:39:53 AM
(0)
Professor
Did you get reduced pricing on the iPhone 4? If so, you won't be eligible for another reduced price upgrade for quite a while, typically 18 months into a 2 year contract.
Did you get reduced pricing on the iPhone 4? If so, you won't be eligible for another reduced price upgrade for quite a while, typically 18 months into a 2 year contract.

10 of 12 (974 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 10:55:12 AM
(0)
Scholar

actually i am a new customer to ATT. i signed up and bought the iphone

11 of 12 (249 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 11:04:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

Lambo23 wrote:

If you bought the phone under contract, you can sell it and buy a non smart phone at full price and activate it on the account. If you want another i4 later then you will be out the full price.

Lambo23 wrote:

If you bought the phone under contract, you can sell it and buy a non smart phone at full price and activate it on the account. If you want another i4 later then you will be out the full price.

12 of 12 (246 Views)