Ok, ebay time

Scholar

Ok, ebay time

I'm selling my iphone 4 on ebay. Smiley Sad its unfortunate but i need to money. anyways, what do i need to do exactly before i ship the phone off to the new owner? restore to factory settings, i know. and take the sim card out? right. but what do i do with the sim because it wont fit in other phones. AND also how can i change my bill so that im not paying for an iphone anymore?

Message 1 of 12 (1,319 Views)
Scholar

Re: Ok, ebay time

Go by an AT&T store, they can get you a new sim, and set you up on a non smart phone plan, if you have a non smart phone you are activating.

Message 2 of 12 (1,303 Views)
Scholar

...and bring along a few hundred dollars or so for the early termination fee Smiley Sad  If you have a 4, they you're still under contract...

Message 3 of 12 (1,157 Views)
Scholar

Not if they bought it without a contract...

Message 4 of 12 (1,148 Views)
Scholar

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

Not if they bought it without a contract...

He didn't, but thanks for stopping by Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12 (1,146 Views)
Scholar

So I take it their was another thread he posted saying this. I know most wouldn't, but there are some that waste the extra money for some reason.

Message 6 of 12 (1,144 Views)
Professor

benjitek wrote:

...and bring along a few hundred dollars or so for the early termination fee Smiley Sad  If you have a 4, they you're still under contract...

Wrong! reread his post he saying he wont have a smart phone on his bill.

after it sells restore your Iphone 4 to factory settings.remove the sim card. contact AT&T tell them you no longer have the Iphone 4 and you wish to remove the data plan. and if you got a new phone non smart phone you need a sim card for that phone activated on your account.

Message 7 of 12 (1,108 Views)
Master

You can switch phones at any point in a contract without incurring an ETF.  AT&T just won't provide you with another phone at a discount.  But thanks for stopping by...

benjitek wrote:

Message 8 of 12 (1,085 Views)
Scholar

alright so, i took out the sim and actually put it into a samsung eternity phone. would i be able to buy another iphone 4 in the next 3-6 months? if i dont change the plan?

Message 9 of 12 (1,028 Views)
Professor

Did you get reduced pricing on the iPhone 4? If so, you won't be eligible for another reduced price upgrade for quite a while, typically 18 months into a 2 year contract.
Message 10 of 12 (1,014 Views)
Scholar

actually i am a new customer to ATT. i signed up and bought the iphone

Message 11 of 12 (289 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Lambo23 wrote:

actually i am a new customer to ATT. i signed up and bought the iphone

If you bought the phone under contract, you can sell it and buy a non smart phone at full price and activate it on the account. If you want another i4 later then you will be out the full price.

Message 12 of 12 (286 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support