OLD DEBT WITH AT&T AND NO ONE GIVES US A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!! HELP!!!

Contributor

OLD DEBT WITH AT&T AND NO ONE GIVES US A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!! HELP!!!

MY BOYFRIEND BOUGHT AN AT&T CELLPHONE IN 2006. HE LOST HIS JOB AND WASN'T ABLE TO COVER THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS AT THAT TIME BUT HE WANTS TO PAY IT NOW. WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO REACH SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP US BUT WE HAVEN'T FIND ANYONE THAT CAN REALLY TELL US THE ACTUAL BALANCE OF THE ACCOUNT. WE'RE FROM PUERTO RICO.

AT THE TIME HE GOT THE CELLPHONE, THE NAME OF THE COMPANY WAS "CENTENNIAL OF PUERTO RICO". AT&T BOUGHT THAT COMPANY LIKE 4 OR 5 YEARS AGO. WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS THAT BELONGED TO CENTENNIAL BUT THEY'RE OUT OF ORDER. WE CONTACTED AT&T AND THEY TOLD US THAT THERE'S NO ONE WITH AN ACCOUNT OR A DEBT UNDER HIS NAME.

WE CONTACTED "DOCTOR CREDIT", A COMPANY THAT TRIED TO CLEAR HIS CREDIT BUT EVERY TIME WE TRIED TO DO SO, CENTENNIAL KEPT PLACING ROADBLOCKS, SAYING THAT THAT DEBT WAS HIS... HOW ARE THEY ABLE TO SEE THE INFORMATION AND SEND IT TO TRANSUNION, BUT AREN'T ABLE TO SEE IT EVERY TIME WE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE?! IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

WE CONTACTED A COMPANY CALLED "ALMA FINANCIAL" IN MIAMI, SO THEY COULD HELP US PAY THE DEBT. THEY'VE BEEN SENDING OUT PAYMENTS TO AT&T. ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO, AN OPERATOR FROM AT&T TOLD US THAT THEY HAD A NUMBER OF A COLLECTION AGENCY UNDER THE NAME OF "SOUTHWEST CREDIT" THAT GOT ALL THE UNPAID ACCOUNTS OF CENTENNIAL.

WE CALLED SOUTHWEST CREDIT AND THEY TOLD US THAT THEY GOT MY BOYFRIEND'S UNPAID ACCOUNT ON JUNE 4, 2012 (WHERE WAS THE ACCOUNT BEFORE THAT?!), THEY OFFERED US A SETTLEMENT OF $650.00. THE PROBLEM IS, THAT THE ACCOUNT BALANCE IS AROUND $1,300.00 AND WE'VE BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS THROUGH ALMA FINANCIAL AND THOSE PAYMENTS SUM UP CLOSE TO THAT AMOUNT.

WE NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF THE DEBT IS LEFT, SO WE CAN FINALLY PAY FOR IT. SOUTHWEST CREDIT DOESN'T HAVE THAT ANSWER AND NEITHER DOES AT&T CUSTOMER SERVICE. WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET SOME ANSWERS BY CALLING AT&T, SENDING E-MAILS TO AT&T, AND NO ONE REPLY OR ANSWER. HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: OLD DEBT WITH AT&T AND NO ONE GIVES US A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!! HELP!!!

Reach out to Jamileh here who is a community manager.  We are all customers or those few who are ATT employees are here in their personal lives.  No one except for Jamileh and her team can see your account and they would not repsond in public about your private situation.  She will try to do what she can.  http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2548143

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 6
Former Community Manager

Thanks youngjm. Smiley Happy

Nyro - I'm sorry you're having such difficulty, please send me a private message with his name, the account number, his phone number and the best time to contact him? Since it was his account, we'll need to speak with him directly to help out. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

I hope whatever your issue is, you get resolved. Please next time avoid typing in all caps, It makes it seem like your yelling and it hurts peoples eyes when they try to read it. I personally didn't even read it because it hurt mine, but good luck!

Message 4 of 6

Sounds similar to what I'm going through...  15 calls and hours on the phone, still in the same dilemma I was 3 weeks ago!  Good Luck on yours!!

Message 5 of 6
Former Community Manager

Unfortunately, NYRO did not respond to my request to help so I don't know what the status of that issue is. 

I'm happy to help you though, if you'd like. Please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you along with a brief summary of what's been happening.

I'll work with a member of my team to review your account and they will contact you directly. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support