[OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

Scholar

[OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

Message 1 of 28
Master

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
Looks like speedtest.net comes preloaded. C-Net tried it 8 times. Barely reached 2mb download. Dont even ask about up. Check C-Nets review on YouTube.
ATT did say that theyve completed backhaul to %99 of the towers,right?

That does not sound good.  Smiley Sad

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 28
Scholar

No it doesnt does it! But dont be sad wittlbitty smileysad. U still have swiftkey! Smiley Surprised
Message 17 of 28
Contributor

No they said 100% HSPA+ enabled. But you don't get 4G speeds until advanced backhaul is completed. The only place that has backhaul done that I know is New York City.

Message 18 of 28
Scholar

Well...Im glad we cleared that up. Not %99,but %100! In NYC. Thats where I am,and thats where the tests were done. Chewonthat....
Message 19 of 28
Professor

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
Well...Im glad we cleared that up. Not %99,but %100! In NYC. Thats where I am,and thats where the tests were done. Chewonthat....

It's not just a backhaul upgrade that is required. There is a software upgrade required too. Are you sure it has been fully implemented and AT&T has "flicked the switch" with this?

Message 20 of 28
Scholar

Flicked the switch? Cmon,U know better than that...
Message 21 of 28
Contributor

It says on the links provided that the HTC Inspire 4G is a limited time offer,and a two-year contract is required. Qualified costumers only! So as of now that I know of you cannot buy the phone at retail price. Few Google searches apparently Amazon has listed the Inspire G for $100 with a two-year and $500 retail. We must wait until Sunday 02/13/11 to see if the Inspire will sell for retail and how much! Ugh starting to hate atnt,better have phone for retail!

Message 22 of 28
Professor

Don't get caught up in the terminology. Consider how well AT&T handled it's 3G upgrades. Initially, how well did 3G work in New York compared to other parts of the country?

Message 23 of 28
Scholar

The Inspire will cost $499. U can buyit on the 13th.
ATTs 3G was great till iphone traffic camealong. But how they fell behind in upgrading to 3G+ & LTE,Ill never know. Very frustrating when I hear all the T-mobilers raveing about the hispeeds theyre getting. And VZ getting LTE first shoulda never happened. ATT will have access to their recent $1.9 billion purchase of LTE bands they bought from Qualcomm?. Their FloTv service dies at the end of march. Then ATT can start bustinout some yummy 700MHz LTE gorgeousness.
Message 24 of 28
Contributor

How do you know the Inspire will run $500 for full price without a contract? Smiley Surprised

Message 25 of 28
Teacher

The motorola Atrix price w/o contract is $499, so i see no reason why a phone that is less powerfull with less specs should be more, i think $500 price is right.

Message 26 of 28
Contributor

You think atnt is going to sell the Inspire without a contract? I don't see why not,but it says two year required and new activation but i dont know.Smiley Indifferent

Message 27 of 28
Highlighted
Teacher

Yeah they are selling it w/o contract, radioshack is preordering right now in store only for $449, also youll get a $30 accessory credit.

Message 28 of 28
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support