Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2011 12:49:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hooray, that's much earlier than I expected... How much do you think that this will cost, since I would be paying full-retail price for this? $450? Smiley Sad

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Hooray, that's much earlier than I expected... How much do you think that this will cost, since I would be paying full-retail price for this? $450? Smiley Sad

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

2 of 28 (1,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2011 4:52:28 PM
(0)
Scholar
Im in! I think full retail is $499. Not even waitin for DesireHD2/Saga. Ive been waiting for this phone since the DesireHD cameout. $99.!
Booyah!
Im in! I think full retail is $499. Not even waitin for DesireHD2/Saga. Ive been waiting for this phone since the DesireHD cameout. $99.!
Booyah!

3 of 28 (1,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 4:08:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I called an AT&T store today to get the full retail price.  They told me that a 4G phone was not coming to AT&T anytime soon.  Gotta love 'em though.  I called the toll free customer service number and they did not know, either.  If you get the price, let me know.

I called an AT&T store today to get the full retail price.  They told me that a 4G phone was not coming to AT&T anytime soon.  Gotta love 'em though.  I called the toll free customer service number and they did not know, either.  If you get the price, let me know.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 28 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 5:28:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

21stNow wrote:

Are you also interested in paying full-retail price for the Inspire? Because I really don't want this to be more than $450... Smiley Indifferent

21stNow wrote:

Are you also interested in paying full-retail price for the Inspire? Because I really don't want this to be more than $450... Smiley Indifferent

5 of 28 (1,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 5:02:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If I get the phone, I will pay full price for it. I'm not sure I want Android on AT&T because they usually make some changes to it to make it less of a true Android experience. I will be watching to see what they do to the Inspire. Also, I wanted a dual-core phone, so I may wait.

If I get the phone, I will pay full price for it. I'm not sure I want Android on AT&T because they usually make some changes to it to make it less of a true Android experience. I will be watching to see what they do to the Inspire. Also, I wanted a dual-core phone, so I may wait.

6 of 28 (1,769 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 10:18:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Feb 3, 2011 at 10:21:03 AM

OK Wild Banchi, I might have to put the brakes on that plan.  Sounds like T-Mo might be coming out with the HTC Pyramid 4G.  It has a 4.3" screen and will get maximum 4G speeds.  The dual-core processor is still up in the air now.  This ups the ante for what AT&T will come out with later this year.  We will see what happens.  I am excited!

OK Wild Banchi, I might have to put the brakes on that plan.  Sounds like T-Mo might be coming out with the HTC Pyramid 4G.  It has a 4.3" screen and will get maximum 4G speeds.  The dual-core processor is still up in the air now.  This ups the ante for what AT&T will come out with later this year.  We will see what happens.  I am excited!

[ Edited ]
7 of 28 (1,731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 11:15:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

21stNow wrote:

Sounds interesting...and pretty similar to the Inspire 4G. I'll have to do a Google search on it. What's funny, I keep thinking that your screen name/avatar is mine... It looks pretty similar. Smiley Very Happy

21stNow wrote:

Sounds interesting...and pretty similar to the Inspire 4G. I'll have to do a Google search on it. What's funny, I keep thinking that your screen name/avatar is mine... It looks pretty similar. Smiley Very Happy

8 of 28 (1,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 12:32:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

21stNow wrote:

AT&T's worst "customization" is preventing the installation of 3rd party apps (apps not approved by AT&T), but this is apparently pretty easily bypassed (and doesn't require root).  Of course it will be loaded with AT&T bloatware, but that should be easily removable if you're rooted.

Of course, a custom ROM is always an option.  If the Inspire is same/similar enough to the Desire HD, you may even have your choice of custom ROMs right at release, including the beta CyanogenMod 7 Gingerbread ROM!

21stNow wrote:

AT&T's worst "customization" is preventing the installation of 3rd party apps (apps not approved by AT&T), but this is apparently pretty easily bypassed (and doesn't require root).  Of course it will be loaded with AT&T bloatware, but that should be easily removable if you're rooted.

Of course, a custom ROM is always an option.  If the Inspire is same/similar enough to the Desire HD, you may even have your choice of custom ROMs right at release, including the beta CyanogenMod 7 Gingerbread ROM!

9 of 28 (1,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 6:51:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
The Pyramid wont be out till June,late May. But I wouldnt go near T-Mobile. Try leaving the city and gettin reception. But if T-Mobile getsit,ATT will probably getit. But then that wont be till July-Aug. Even though thatll probably be when ATTs LTE starts coming out,its too long for me to wait. We'll see what kinda speeds we get from the Inspire. Should suffice....
The Pyramid wont be out till June,late May. But I wouldnt go near T-Mobile. Try leaving the city and gettin reception. But if T-Mobile getsit,ATT will probably getit. But then that wont be till July-Aug. Even though thatll probably be when ATTs LTE starts coming out,its too long for me to wait. We'll see what kinda speeds we get from the Inspire. Should suffice....

10 of 28 (1,642 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 9:06:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yeah, I see your avatar and think that it's my post, too!  I have a few months to decide what to do. 

Question about the AT&T modifications to the Android phones, can you get Google Navigation from the market to put on your phone? My understanding is that AT&T removes Google Navigation and replaces it with AT&T Navigator.

The reception issue is not that big of a deal to me, as T-Mobile works where I travel to.

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yeah, I see your avatar and think that it's my post, too!  I have a few months to decide what to do. 

Question about the AT&T modifications to the Android phones, can you get Google Navigation from the market to put on your phone? My understanding is that AT&T removes Google Navigation and replaces it with AT&T Navigator.

The reception issue is not that big of a deal to me, as T-Mobile works where I travel to.

11 of 28 (1,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 2:38:41 PM
(0)
Guru

I use Google Navigation on my Captivate.  If I recall, both AT&T Navigator and Google Navigation were preinstalled, but I could be wrong about that.

AT&T Navigator is definitely preinstalled, but there's nothing blocking other navigation apps.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

I use Google Navigation on my Captivate.  If I recall, both AT&T Navigator and Google Navigation were preinstalled, but I could be wrong about that.

AT&T Navigator is definitely preinstalled, but there's nothing blocking other navigation apps.

12 of 28 (1,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 5:02:05 PM
(0)
Master
You might have to download the latest updates to google maps which includes navigation. Especially if the preinstalled version is older than the one currently in the Market.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
You might have to download the latest updates to google maps which includes navigation. Especially if the preinstalled version is older than the one currently in the Market.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

13 of 28 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 2:22:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
I really wanna buy this phone. But the two videos of speedtests Ive seen on Utube,can barely get over 2mb. One guy tried 3times,the other one tried four times. And he was in NYC,H+ showing and full bars. Tell me its gonna get better...
I really wanna buy this phone. But the two videos of speedtests Ive seen on Utube,can barely get over 2mb. One guy tried 3times,the other one tried four times. And he was in NYC,H+ showing and full bars. Tell me its gonna get better...

14 of 28 (1,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 4:36:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
Looks like speedtest.net comes preloaded. C-Net tried it 8 times. Barely reached 2mb download. Dont even ask about up. Check C-Nets review on YouTube.
ATT did say that theyve completed backhaul to %99 of the towers,right?
Looks like speedtest.net comes preloaded. C-Net tried it 8 times. Barely reached 2mb download. Dont even ask about up. Check C-Nets review on YouTube.

15 of 28 (1,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 5:10:03 PM
(0)
Master

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

That does not sound good.  Smiley Sad

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

That does not sound good.  Smiley Sad

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

16 of 28 (1,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 2:15:22 AM
(0)
Scholar
No it doesnt does it! But dont be sad wittlbitty smileysad. U still have swiftkey! Smiley Surprised
No it doesnt does it! But dont be sad wittlbitty smileysad. U still have swiftkey! Smiley Surprised

17 of 28 (1,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 11:40:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

No they said 100% HSPA+ enabled. But you don't get 4G speeds until advanced backhaul is completed. The only place that has backhaul done that I know is New York City.

No they said 100% HSPA+ enabled. But you don't get 4G speeds until advanced backhaul is completed. The only place that has backhaul done that I know is New York City.

18 of 28 (962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 5:20:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Well...Im glad we cleared that up. Not %99,but %100! In NYC. Thats where I am,and thats where the tests were done. Chewonthat....
Well...Im glad we cleared that up. Not %99,but %100! In NYC. Thats where I am,and thats where the tests were done. Chewonthat....

19 of 28 (935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 10:46:26 AM
(0)
Professor

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

It's not just a backhaul upgrade that is required. There is a software upgrade required too. Are you sure it has been fully implemented and AT&T has "flicked the switch" with this?

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

It's not just a backhaul upgrade that is required. There is a software upgrade required too. Are you sure it has been fully implemented and AT&T has "flicked the switch" with this?

20 of 28 (859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 1:45:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
Flicked the switch? Cmon,U know better than that...
Flicked the switch? Cmon,U know better than that...

21 of 28 (1,034 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 1:50:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

It says on the links provided that the HTC Inspire 4G is a limited time offer,and a two-year contract is required. Qualified costumers only! So as of now that I know of you cannot buy the phone at retail price. Few Google searches apparently Amazon has listed the Inspire G for $100 with a two-year and $500 retail. We must wait until Sunday 02/13/11 to see if the Inspire will sell for retail and how much! Ugh starting to hate atnt,better have phone for retail!

It says on the links provided that the HTC Inspire 4G is a limited time offer,and a two-year contract is required. Qualified costumers only! So as of now that I know of you cannot buy the phone at retail price. Few Google searches apparently Amazon has listed the Inspire G for $100 with a two-year and $500 retail. We must wait until Sunday 02/13/11 to see if the Inspire will sell for retail and how much! Ugh starting to hate atnt,better have phone for retail!

22 of 28 (1,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 4:03:59 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by sitnsidewayz on Feb 7, 2011 at 4:05:52 PM

Don't get caught up in the terminology. Consider how well AT&T handled it's 3G upgrades. Initially, how well did 3G work in New York compared to other parts of the country?

Don't get caught up in the terminology. Consider how well AT&T handled it's 3G upgrades. Initially, how well did 3G work in New York compared to other parts of the country?

[ Edited ]
23 of 28 (998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 2:58:13 AM
(0)
Scholar
The Inspire will cost $499. U can buyit on the 13th.
ATTs 3G was great till iphone traffic camealong. But how they fell behind in upgrading to 3G+ & LTE,Ill never know. Very frustrating when I hear all the T-mobilers raveing about the hispeeds theyre getting. And VZ getting LTE first shoulda never happened. ATT will have access to their recent $1.9 billion purchase of LTE bands they bought from Qualcomm?. Their FloTv service dies at the end of march. Then ATT can start bustinout some yummy 700MHz LTE gorgeousness.
The Inspire will cost $499. U can buyit on the 13th.
ATTs 3G was great till iphone traffic camealong. But how they fell behind in upgrading to 3G+ & LTE,Ill never know. Very frustrating when I hear all the T-mobilers raveing about the hispeeds theyre getting. And VZ getting LTE first shoulda never happened. ATT will have access to their recent $1.9 billion purchase of LTE bands they bought from Qualcomm?. Their FloTv service dies at the end of march. Then ATT can start bustinout some yummy 700MHz LTE gorgeousness.

24 of 28 (937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 5:13:45 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by htcfan18 on Feb 8, 2011 at 5:14:18 AM

How do you know the Inspire will run $500 for full price without a contract? Smiley Surprised

How do you know the Inspire will run $500 for full price without a contract? Smiley Surprised

[ Edited ]
25 of 28 (923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 11:28:04 AM
(0)
Teacher

The motorola Atrix price w/o contract is $499, so i see no reason why a phone that is less powerfull with less specs should be more, i think $500 price is right.

The motorola Atrix price w/o contract is $499, so i see no reason why a phone that is less powerfull with less specs should be more, i think $500 price is right.

26 of 28 (870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 7:27:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

You think atnt is going to sell the Inspire without a contract? I don't see why not,but it says two year required and new activation but i dont know.Smiley Indifferent

You think atnt is going to sell the Inspire without a contract? I don't see why not,but it says two year required and new activation but i dont know.Smiley Indifferent

27 of 28 (803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 5:31:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

Yeah they are selling it w/o contract, radioshack is preordering right now in store only for $449, also youll get a $30 accessory credit.

Yeah they are selling it w/o contract, radioshack is preordering right now in store only for $449, also youll get a $30 accessory credit.

28 of 28 (685 Views)