[OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

Scholar

[OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 28 (2,414 Views)
Master

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

Hooray, that's much earlier than I expected... How much do you think that this will cost, since I would be paying full-retail price for this? $450? Smiley Sad

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 2 of 28 (2,357 Views)
Scholar

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

Im in! I think full retail is $499. Not even waitin for DesireHD2/Saga. Ive been waiting for this phone since the DesireHD cameout. $99.!
Booyah!
Message 3 of 28 (2,307 Views)
Professor

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

I called an AT&T store today to get the full retail price.  They told me that a 4G phone was not coming to AT&T anytime soon.  Gotta love 'em though.  I called the toll free customer service number and they did not know, either.  If you get the price, let me know.

Message 4 of 28 (2,196 Views)
Master

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99


21stNow wrote:

I called an AT&T store today to get the full retail price.  They told me that a 4G phone was not coming to AT&T anytime soon.  Gotta love 'em though.  I called the toll free customer service number and they did not know, either.  If you get the price, let me know.


Are you also interested in paying full-retail price for the Inspire? Because I really don't want this to be more than $450... Smiley Indifferent

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 5 of 28 (2,178 Views)
Professor

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

If I get the phone, I will pay full price for it. I'm not sure I want Android on AT&T because they usually make some changes to it to make it less of a true Android experience. I will be watching to see what they do to the Inspire. Also, I wanted a dual-core phone, so I may wait.

Message 6 of 28 (2,136 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

[ Edited ]

OK Wild Banchi, I might have to put the brakes on that plan.  Sounds like T-Mo might be coming out with the HTC Pyramid 4G.  It has a 4.3" screen and will get maximum 4G speeds.  The dual-core processor is still up in the air now.  This ups the ante for what AT&T will come out with later this year.  We will see what happens.  I am excited!

Message 7 of 28 (2,098 Views)
Master

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99


21stNow wrote:

OK Wild Banchi, I might have to put the brakes on that plan.  Sounds like T-Mo might be coming out with the HTC Pyramid 4G.  It has a 4.3" screen and will get maximum 4G speeds.  The dual-core processor is still up in the air now.  This ups the ante for what AT&T will come out with later this year.  We will see what happens.  I am excited!


Sounds interesting...and pretty similar to the Inspire 4G. I'll have to do a Google search on it. What's funny, I keep thinking that your screen name/avatar is mine... It looks pretty similar. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 8 of 28 (2,085 Views)
Professor

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

 


21stNow wrote:

If I get the phone, I will pay full price for it. I'm not sure I want Android on AT&T because they usually make some changes to it to make it less of a true Android experience. I will be watching to see what they do to the Inspire. Also, I wanted a dual-core phone, so I may wait.


AT&T's worst "customization" is preventing the installation of 3rd party apps (apps not approved by AT&T), but this is apparently pretty easily bypassed (and doesn't require root).  Of course it will be loaded with AT&T bloatware, but that should be easily removable if you're rooted.

 

 

Of course, a custom ROM is always an option.  If the Inspire is same/similar enough to the Desire HD, you may even have your choice of custom ROMs right at release, including the beta CyanogenMod 7 Gingerbread ROM!

 

Message 9 of 28 (2,070 Views)
Scholar

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

The Pyramid wont be out till June,late May. But I wouldnt go near T-Mobile. Try leaving the city and gettin reception. But if T-Mobile getsit,ATT will probably getit. But then that wont be till July-Aug. Even though thatll probably be when ATTs LTE starts coming out,its too long for me to wait. We'll see what kinda speeds we get from the Inspire. Should suffice....
Message 10 of 28 (2,009 Views)
Professor

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

 


Wild Banchi wrote:

Sounds interesting...and pretty similar to the Inspire 4G. I'll have to do a Google search on it. What's funny, I keep thinking that your screen name/avatar is mine... It looks pretty similar. Smiley Very Happy


 

Yeah, I see your avatar and think that it's my post, too!  I have a few months to decide what to do. 

 

Question about the AT&T modifications to the Android phones, can you get Google Navigation from the market to put on your phone? My understanding is that AT&T removes Google Navigation and replaces it with AT&T Navigator.

 

The reception issue is not that big of a deal to me, as T-Mobile works where I travel to.

Message 11 of 28 (1,551 Views)

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

I use Google Navigation on my Captivate.  If I recall, both AT&T Navigator and Google Navigation were preinstalled, but I could be wrong about that.

 

AT&T Navigator is definitely preinstalled, but there's nothing blocking other navigation apps.

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 28 (1,509 Views)
Master

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

You might have to download the latest updates to google maps which includes navigation. Especially if the preinstalled version is older than the one currently in the Market.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 28 (1,493 Views)
Scholar

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

I really wanna buy this phone. But the two videos of speedtests Ive seen on Utube,can barely get over 2mb. One guy tried 3times,the other one tried four times. And he was in NYC,H+ showing and full bars. Tell me its gonna get better...
Message 14 of 28 (1,453 Views)
Scholar

Re: [OFFICIAL] HTC Inspire 4G w/HSPA+ on FEB 13 - $99

Looks like speedtest.net comes preloaded. C-Net tried it 8 times. Barely reached 2mb download. Dont even ask about up. Check C-Nets review on YouTube.
ATT did say that theyve completed backhaul to %99 of the towers,right?
Message 15 of 28 (1,418 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.