(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 6:22:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

haha,  1000 under water tests, 4000 calls, 2000 text, abrasion testing

what this all equals is they are testing to make sure the phone doestn die from their poisonous bloatware lol

haha,  1000 under water tests, 4000 calls, 2000 text, abrasion testing

what this all equals is they are testing to make sure the phone doestn die from their poisonous bloatware lol

Re: OFFICIAL ATT VIDEO ON ANDROID

2 of 20 (2,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 10:07:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

The host is carrying the HTC Aria/Liberty/Intruder take your pick.

The host is carrying the HTC Aria/Liberty/Intruder take your pick.

3 of 20 (2,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 11:20:47 AM
(0)
Guru
I disagree...those phones have a small display...2.8"? The one in his hand looked to be a round 3.7ish. It also looked to have the HTC background on it. Didn't get a good look of course.
I disagree...those phones have a small display...2.8"? The one in his hand looked to be a round 3.7ish. It also looked to have the HTC background on it. Didn't get a good look of course.

4 of 20 (2,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 11:50:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

I would say the screen looked a little over three inches to me.

According to the leaked pics on the Intruder, that phone is allegedly $699.  For that price I am expecting a little more then what was shown in the video.

I would say the screen looked a little over three inches to me.

According to the leaked pics on the Intruder, that phone is allegedly $699.  For that price I am expecting a little more then what was shown in the video.

5 of 20 (2,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 12:06:12 PM
(0)
Explorer

I'm pretty sure that is the HTC Aria. Look at the top of the phone, it has a matching silver piece.

I'm pretty sure that is the HTC Aria. Look at the top of the phone, it has a matching silver piece.

6 of 20 (2,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 1:15:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm hearing this phone is basically a Legend in a more compact frame. Take a Legend, lose the chin and move the optical trackpad a bit and there you go. 3.2 in. display looks about right.

I'm hearing this phone is basically a Legend in a more compact frame. Take a Legend, lose the chin and move the optical trackpad a bit and there you go. 3.2 in. display looks about right.

7 of 20 (2,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 5:57:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

I might be wrong but what I've read says the screen is about 2.5" - 2.8" .  The screenshots from androidguys.com shows the phone sitting next to a business card... and its about the same size. To da** small for me.... another screwed up phone coming to crApple Wireless.  http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/31/exclusive-htc-aria/

I might be wrong but what I've read says the screen is about 2.5" - 2.8" .  The screenshots from androidguys.com shows the phone sitting next to a business card... and its about the same size. To da** small for me.... another screwed up phone coming to crApple Wireless.  http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/31/exclusive-htc-aria/

8 of 20 (2,401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 8:02:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

janglerocker wrote:

It is not the HTC Legend, it is the HTC Wildfire.  Same size screen, but lower resolution and memory.

janglerocker wrote:

It is not the HTC Legend, it is the HTC Wildfire.  Same size screen, but lower resolution and memory.

9 of 20 (2,363 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 8:29:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

Darkeligos wrote:

YEa when he first held it up, I thought HTC Aria right away. You can see Sense UI in one brief shot, but the rest of the time its off. But of course the more interesting one would be the one they blurred out in the test harness. 

Darkeligos wrote:

YEa when he first held it up, I thought HTC Aria right away. You can see Sense UI in one brief shot, but the rest of the time its off. But of course the more interesting one would be the one they blurred out in the test harness. 

10 of 20 (2,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 8:50:33 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm curious as to why they do all the physical testing because presumably - HTC does that for their phones before coming up with a final version of a phone - no?  It's really Incredible that they had to censor out that phone like it was some obscene item.  Meanwhile every other provider is showcasing their Android device, and we know what T-Mobile is getting - but AT&T continues to hide their Android plans.  Then they'll wonder why it doesn't do well when it comes out - and that's probably because either people didn't notice or they went to Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile.

I'm curious as to why they do all the physical testing because presumably - HTC does that for their phones before coming up with a final version of a phone - no?  It's really Incredible that they had to censor out that phone like it was some obscene item.  Meanwhile every other provider is showcasing their Android device, and we know what T-Mobile is getting - but AT&T continues to hide their Android plans.  Then they'll wonder why it doesn't do well when it comes out - and that's probably because either people didn't notice or they went to Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile.

11 of 20 (2,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2010 12:59:15 PM
(0)
Teacher

@JSY I agree!

If they at least told us some info (specs?! names?! A DATE?!) it would be fine. For instance, if they said, "We'll have a major Android Announcement on XXXXX" then I would be fine... but with nothing other than a "coming soon" banner, it's really hard to stay with this company.

@JSY I agree!

If they at least told us some info (specs?! names?! A DATE?!) it would be fine. For instance, if they said, "We'll have a major Android Announcement on XXXXX" then I would be fine... but with nothing other than a "coming soon" banner, it's really hard to stay with this company.

12 of 20 (2,219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2010 2:56:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

i think the people that work for att just keep them to themselves. they know they cant release an android phone cause apple will crack the whip. so they just keep them in testing so they can have a better phone for personal use lol

i think the people that work for att just keep them to themselves. they know they cant release an android phone cause apple will crack the whip. so they just keep them in testing so they can have a better phone for personal use lol

13 of 20 (2,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2010 4:20:31 PM
(0)
Professor

HA HA and what about all the tests for "the nations fastest 3g network... and still, we cant keep a signal or use a data blan without the HELP of wi-fi or tapping into our home internet services."....

HA HA and what about all the tests for "the nations fastest 3g network... and still, we cant keep a signal or use a data blan without the HELP of wi-fi or tapping into our home internet services."....

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

14 of 20 (2,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 10:43:11 AM
(0)
Scholar

@jowe   That's the problem - I do want an Android phone but not knowing what ATT will come out with and knowing what every other major provider is coming out with is killing me. 

The leaked info so far though sounds like that the next ATT Android phone won't even have the Snapdragon cpu so I don't know - maybe that's enough info for me as far as what ATT's Android plans are.  I'm guessing the 5th Android phone will have the Snapdragon cpu around December.  Smiley Very Happy   Nexus One, Droid Incredible, EVO, and mySlide 3G all have that cpu already.  We have the Backflop.

Still can't understand why they are treating this info like it's a threat to national security.

@jowe   That's the problem - I do want an Android phone but not knowing what ATT will come out with and knowing what every other major provider is coming out with is killing me. 

The leaked info so far though sounds like that the next ATT Android phone won't even have the Snapdragon cpu so I don't know - maybe that's enough info for me as far as what ATT's Android plans are.  I'm guessing the 5th Android phone will have the Snapdragon cpu around December.  Smiley Very Happy   Nexus One, Droid Incredible, EVO, and mySlide 3G all have that cpu already.  We have the Backflop.

Still can't understand why they are treating this info like it's a threat to national security.

15 of 20 (2,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 4:50:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

RicoLX wrote:

That is because those are the tests they put android phones through. Anything Apple is just send it to us as you make it and we will sell it with no questions asked.

RicoLX wrote:

That is because those are the tests they put android phones through. Anything Apple is just send it to us as you make it and we will sell it with no questions asked.

16 of 20 (2,054 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 10:45:07 AM
(0)
Mentor

JSY wrote:

I agree,  something does sound kind of off that they could release phones with many issues if they have been through those tests...  I think this video was more for the new ATT moto  "stick with us we will have 2009 andriod hardware before 2011"

That said, they should be gettubg one phone that is semi gimped but still looks strong version of the Samsung Galaxy S.  The Samsung Captivate (I think it was the phone in the box.)    Granted there is no hard facts on the specs just rumors so maybe its not gimped... the galaxy S has a 1ghz hummingbird cpu in it; in theroy this cpu should be 20% faster than the snapdragon on many apps.

If AT&T doesnt gimp the Galaxy S Captivate then they might just have their first real andriod phone.   Also I'm hoping the HTC Intruder is a Desire class.

I've been up for an upgrade for over 6 months now...  I  might just switch to Verizon in another month.   Even the low end andriods there are better than AT&T 'high'end models.  

JSY wrote:

I agree,  something does sound kind of off that they could release phones with many issues if they have been through those tests...  I think this video was more for the new ATT moto  "stick with us we will have 2009 andriod hardware before 2011"

That said, they should be gettubg one phone that is semi gimped but still looks strong version of the Samsung Galaxy S.  The Samsung Captivate (I think it was the phone in the box.)    Granted there is no hard facts on the specs just rumors so maybe its not gimped... the galaxy S has a 1ghz hummingbird cpu in it; in theroy this cpu should be 20% faster than the snapdragon on many apps.

If AT&T doesnt gimp the Galaxy S Captivate then they might just have their first real andriod phone.   Also I'm hoping the HTC Intruder is a Desire class.

I've been up for an upgrade for over 6 months now...  I  might just switch to Verizon in another month.   Even the low end andriods there are better than AT&T 'high'end models.  

17 of 20 (1,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 11:43:48 AM
(0)
Voyager

I'm with you, JSY.

They're doing this because of people like me.  I've been waiting so long for a good Android phone that I'm pondering either leaving ATT or breaking down and getting an iPhone.  ATT is (oddly) the best carrier I can get in my area so my options are basically iPhone or wait and be more and more annoyed.

They're hoping we break down and buy an iPhone.  What I really want is the rumoured Desire. Smiley Tongue

I'm with you, JSY.

They're doing this because of people like me.  I've been waiting so long for a good Android phone that I'm pondering either leaving ATT or breaking down and getting an iPhone.  ATT is (oddly) the best carrier I can get in my area so my options are basically iPhone or wait and be more and more annoyed.

They're hoping we break down and buy an iPhone.  What I really want is the rumoured Desire. Smiley Tongue

18 of 20 (1,942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 11:51:24 AM
(0)
Voyager

Oh ho, I posted without perusing the rest of the forums.  An Aria on the 20th?!  I'll take it. Smiley Wink

Oh ho, I posted without perusing the rest of the forums.  An Aria on the 20th?!  I'll take it. Smiley Wink

19 of 20 (1,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 9:31:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

Wait one more month for the Samsung Galaxy S - aka, Captivate!

Wait one more month for the Samsung Galaxy S - aka, Captivate!

20 of 20 (1,644 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments