Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 11, 2012
3:54:28 AM
View profile
Now what?
Edited by TQuila on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:56:35 AM

Now that our AT&T iPhones are unlocked do they have any new "superpowers"?

Can we tether other devices without AT&T's ble$$ing? That will be handy overseas with a local SIM. But how about here in the USA?

Can we tether other devices without AT&T's ble$$ing? That will be handy overseas with a local SIM. But how about here in the USA?

Now what?

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 4:01:23 AM
(0)
Expert

TQuila wrote:

Nothing at all - locked or unlocked you are still bound by the terms for tethering with ATT - you have a tethering capable plan or you get changed to one if you do not, overseas depends on the terms set by the carrier over there that you get the sim from - if they charge extra for tethering you pay it or don;t tether. Absolutely nothing changes except for the fact you can put a foreign sim im the phone and get service from another compatible carrier

TQuila wrote:

Nothing at all - locked or unlocked you are still bound by the terms for tethering with ATT - you have a tethering capable plan or you get changed to one if you do not, overseas depends on the terms set by the carrier over there that you get the sim from - if they charge extra for tethering you pay it or don;t tether. Absolutely nothing changes except for the fact you can put a foreign sim im the phone and get service from another compatible carrier

Re: Now what?

2 of 6 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 5:13:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

TQuila wrote:

You can use any carrier you want. You can use your phone off AT&T. That's it.

On AT&T, you are bound by the terms of your service. So no, you can't do anything different other than shove a different sim in and use it.

TQuila wrote:

You can use any carrier you want. You can use your phone off AT&T. That's it.

On AT&T, you are bound by the terms of your service. So no, you can't do anything different other than shove a different sim in and use it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 3:15:57 PM
(0)
Scholar
AT&T new superpowers are that where the user can
Only have there iPhone unlocked once they have futhfilled
The contract agreement after 24months !

I wonder how long it takes people to start moaning
On this, btw shame AT&T won't unlock after 3months
It's standard for the United Kingdom!

4 of 6 (317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 3:44:48 PM
(0)
Expert

Kerry78 wrote:

have seen a lot of things that are "standard" in the times I travel your country - there is no "standard" for any form of unlock here in the states, there are other requirements also besides the "24 months". Before Apr 8 there was no way to unlock a att iphone. You are late, there are already peope moaning about the required steps to unlock one

Kerry78 wrote:

have seen a lot of things that are "standard" in the times I travel your country - there is no "standard" for any form of unlock here in the states, there are other requirements also besides the "24 months". Before Apr 8 there was no way to unlock a att iphone. You are late, there are already peope moaning about the required steps to unlock one

5 of 6 (310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2012 9:23:09 PM
(0)
Guru

TQuila wrote:

They'll ask HOW to unlock them. Haha.

TQuila wrote:

They'll ask HOW to unlock them. Haha.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

6 of 6 (210 Views)