Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 23, 2010
9:51:06 AM
View profile
Now I have ethernet and computer light blinking patterns of 3

My unit is now blinking the ethernet and computer lights simultaneously.

3 flashes then a pause the 3 flashes again

I don't have a computer hooked to it and have the microcell connected before my router with a static IP from my provider set up. Last week the only light blinking was the 3G light with a 101 error.

This P O S is getting worse!

I don't have a computer hooked to it and have the microcell connected before my router with a static IP from my provider set up. Last week the only light blinking was the 3G light with a 101 error.

Now I have ethernet and computer light blinking patterns of 3

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 1:06:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've got the same problem. It was working for a couple weeks, and then at some point it stopped and started the 3 flash behavior. Nothing on my home network has changed in that time. I've tried moving the device to a different ethernet port, tried a new ethernet cable, and unplugged it to reset. Nothing seems to matter, it's still triple flashing.

I've got the same problem. It was working for a couple weeks, and then at some point it stopped and started the 3 flash behavior. Nothing on my home network has changed in that time. I've tried moving the device to a different ethernet port, tried a new ethernet cable, and unplugged it to reset. Nothing seems to matter, it's still triple flashing.

Re: Now I have ethernet and computer light blinking patterns of 3

2 of 3 (1,461 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 12:28:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

1CoolZ71 wrote:

If your MicroCell is before your router then you're in priority mode. It's best to have your MicroCell after your router so your router can assign it an IP address. Modem -> Router -> MicroCell. What I've had to do after AT&T did a system update is setup my rotuer so that it does port forwarding to the MicroCell and I've assigned a permanent ip address to the MicroCell based on its MAC address. Not everyone has to do this but in my case, it's made the MicroCell very stable even after updates and power cycles/outages. If your ethernet light is blinking then you don't have the MicroCell connected to your router or your modem is setup wrong and is not connecting to the MicroCell. I'm assuming that the GPS light is solid because you didn't mention anything about it. For proper working conditions, the Power, GPS, Ethernet, and 3G lights need to be solid. The Computer light will always be off unless you've connected the MicroCell directly to your computer and there really isn't a reason to do that.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

1CoolZ71 wrote:

If your MicroCell is before your router then you're in priority mode. It's best to have your MicroCell after your router so your router can assign it an IP address. Modem -> Router -> MicroCell. What I've had to do after AT&T did a system update is setup my rotuer so that it does port forwarding to the MicroCell and I've assigned a permanent ip address to the MicroCell based on its MAC address. Not everyone has to do this but in my case, it's made the MicroCell very stable even after updates and power cycles/outages. If your ethernet light is blinking then you don't have the MicroCell connected to your router or your modem is setup wrong and is not connecting to the MicroCell. I'm assuming that the GPS light is solid because you didn't mention anything about it. For proper working conditions, the Power, GPS, Ethernet, and 3G lights need to be solid. The Computer light will always be off unless you've connected the MicroCell directly to your computer and there really isn't a reason to do that.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Now I have ethernet and computer light blinking patterns of 3

3 of 3 (1,443 Views)