Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 26, 2013
11:40:39 AM
Note 2 / 4G LTE and WiFi Icons Appear Simultaneously -- Data Network Wins
Over the last month, my Galaxy Note 2's behavior has changed. In the past, my 4G LTE mobile data connection would turn off automatically when I would connect to a Wifi connection..

Now, both WiFi and the 4G LTE icons are present. Unfortunately, the mobile data connection supercedes the WiFi conmection. As a result, I have using precious bandwidth. I thought I was using WiFi, but instead I ended up using more than 5GB this month, resulting in my data connection getting throttled. (I imagine that some 3G tier users are unknowingly being forced to buy an additional 1GB of this is happening to them.)

I believe this is the result of a software update of some kind. But I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem as of yet. AT&T, please investigate and resolve this issue.

I have posted a YouTube video that demonstrates the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNva_8nvB7k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Over the last month, my Galaxy Note 2's behavior has changed. In the past, my 4G LTE mobile data connection would turn off automatically when I would connect to a Wifi connection..

Now, both WiFi and the 4G LTE icons are present. Unfortunately, the mobile data connection supercedes the WiFi conmection. As a result, I have using precious bandwidth. I thought I was using WiFi, but instead I ended up using more than 5GB this month, resulting in my data connection getting throttled. (I imagine that some 3G tier users are unknowingly being forced to buy an additional 1GB of this is happening to them.)

I believe this is the result of a software update of some kind. But I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem as of yet. AT&T, please investigate and resolve this issue.

I have posted a YouTube video that demonstrates the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNva_8nvB7k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Note 2 / 4G LTE and WiFi Icons Appear Simultaneously -- Data Network Wins

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 11:39:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a Galaxy SII Skyrocket with the same problem, also originating about a month ago.  In addition to the problems listed above, I also noticed a major drop in battery life.  I went from generally having 15%-20% battery at the end of the day to running out of battery in the late afternoon.  Normally I use 100-200MB of mobile data per month, but this month I'm about to hit my 1GB limit.

For now I've had to completely disable mobile data to make my phone useable again and avoid going over my data limits.  This is not an acceptable long term solution.  Please help resolve this.

I have a Galaxy SII Skyrocket with the same problem, also originating about a month ago.  In addition to the problems listed above, I also noticed a major drop in battery life.  I went from generally having 15%-20% battery at the end of the day to running out of battery in the late afternoon.  Normally I use 100-200MB of mobile data per month, but this month I'm about to hit my 1GB limit.

For now I've had to completely disable mobile data to make my phone useable again and avoid going over my data limits.  This is not an acceptable long term solution.  Please help resolve this.

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket / 4G LTE and WiFi Icons Appear Simultaneously -- Data Network Wins

2 of 3 (114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 8:23:37 AM
(0)
Community Support

@ZFlores5611 and @BigA72 , sorry to hear you're having problems. Send us a private message here. We have a great team of managers who can try to help. Include your full names, account numbers, contact information and best time you can be reached. Thanks so much for posting and giving us the opportunity to assist! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@ZFlores5611 and @BigA72 , sorry to hear you're having problems. Send us a private message here. We have a great team of managers who can try to help. Include your full names, account numbers, contact information and best time you can be reached. Thanks so much for posting and giving us the opportunity to assist! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Note 2 / 4G LTE and WiFi Icons Appear Simultaneously -- Data Network Wins

3 of 3 (67 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments