Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 15, 2011
12:47:54 PM
View profile
Not sure you want Froyo on your Captivate!

I have just had the leaked 2.2 version on my Captivate, went back to stock 2.1, then I ran  2.3.1 (Gingerbread).

During my self education I ran across a list of known issues for Froyo. You can find the list here: http://capfaq.com/w/Known_froyo_issues

Now I see some serious bugs that for me would make it useless.

Maybe you all need to consider the fact that if we get Froyo, that it may be pretty disappointing.

I have just had the leaked 2.2 version on my Captivate, went back to stock 2.1, then I ran  2.3.1 (Gingerbread).

During my self education I ran across a list of known issues for Froyo. You can find the list here: http://capfaq.com/w/Known_froyo_issues

Now I see some serious bugs that for me would make it useless.

Maybe you all need to consider the fact that if we get Froyo, that it may be pretty disappointing.

Not sure you want Froyo on your Captivate!

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 1:14:47 PM
(0)
Explorer
But that is based on a leaked version that wasn't finished...
But that is based on a leaked version that wasn't finished...

Re: Not sure you want Froyo on your Captivate!

2 of 8 (2,705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 12:27:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the 2.2 leak on mine and haven't experienced one problem... maybe you got a bad build

I have the 2.2 leak on mine and haven't experienced one problem... maybe you got a bad build

3 of 8 (2,390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 5:24:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

Well, what headset do you have and does it do bluetooth voice dialing?

Can you get all the Exchange folders displayed?

Well, what headset do you have and does it do bluetooth voice dialing?

Can you get all the Exchange folders displayed?

4 of 8 (2,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 11:38:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

Its a Samsung headset. I don't know what the name/id# is, also my truck has a Bluetooth adapter in it, (great for music) and it will dial voice too. As for exchange I have no need for it. So it very well may be bugged. 

Its a Samsung headset. I don't know what the name/id# is, also my truck has a Bluetooth adapter in it, (great for music) and it will dial voice too. As for exchange I have no need for it. So it very well may be bugged. 

5 of 8 (2,143 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 5:32:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

Can you then confirm that voice dialing works along these lines:

you press a button on the headset

prompted for instructionson the car speakers or through your headset

you say dial John Doe

response is then "John Doe at home, work, or mobile?"

you say "work"

response is then "work"

dialer calls  and that is it.

Is that how it works?

Can you then confirm that voice dialing works along these lines:

you press a button on the headset

prompted for instructionson the car speakers or through your headset

you say dial John Doe

response is then "John Doe at home, work, or mobile?"

you say "work"

response is then "work"

dialer calls  and that is it.

Is that how it works?

6 of 8 (2,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 6:44:50 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Jan 17, 2011 at 6:46:33 AM

BT Voice dialing does not work in any Samsung 2.2 builds. Please note that most car BT systems have their own voice dialing features. So, just because it works in someone's car/truck, doesn't mean it is using the phone's voice dialing feature.

The leaks (2 of them) of 2.2 Captivate ROMs are really old (one in late Sept and one in late Oct). I would reserved my judgement until the final build shows up.

You can't judge a product based on its early alpha build. That will be rediculus.

BT Voice dialing does not work in any Samsung 2.2 builds. Please note that most car BT systems have their own voice dialing features. So, just because it works in someone's car/truck, doesn't mean it is using the phone's voice dialing feature.

The leaks (2 of them) of 2.2 Captivate ROMs are really old (one in late Sept and one in late Oct). I would reserved my judgement until the final build shows up.

You can't judge a product based on its early alpha build. That will be rediculus.

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (2,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 9:48:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

The leaked build of 2.2 was a slight improvement over 2.1 for me, but nothing to write home about. If you want a real ROM, go grab one from the xda developers forums. There are a bunch of ROMs that use 2.2.1 and are waaaaay better and faster.

The leaked build of 2.2 was a slight improvement over 2.1 for me, but nothing to write home about. If you want a real ROM, go grab one from the xda developers forums. There are a bunch of ROMs that use 2.2.1 and are waaaaay better and faster.

8 of 8 (1,964 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments