Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 11, 2010
8:31:30 PM
View profile
Not receiving texts from Verizon numbers; just not making sense

When texting Verizon numbers, I am having tons of problems receiving texts, but they are receiving all of my sent texts just fine. It started last Thursday, seemed to have went away over the weekend, and is now happening again today (monday).

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 and I, like everyone else with this problem previously, can send and receive texts from other AT&T customers just fine, but I'm currently trying to troubleshoot this with a friend on verizon and I appear to be receiving only every other text they send to my phone. Also, i've notice, I'm receiving texts from Verizon numbers completely out of order, and getting certain messages hours later than they were sent and still not getting other messages that were sent before those.

If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. This is seriously inconvenient 

When texting Verizon numbers, I am having tons of problems receiving texts, but they are receiving all of my sent texts just fine. It started last Thursday, seemed to have went away over the weekend, and is now happening again today (monday).

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 and I, like everyone else with this problem previously, can send and receive texts from other AT&T customers just fine, but I'm currently trying to troubleshoot this with a friend on verizon and I appear to be receiving only every other text they send to my phone. Also, i've notice, I'm receiving texts from Verizon numbers completely out of order, and getting certain messages hours later than they were sent and still not getting other messages that were sent before those.

If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. This is seriously inconvenient 

Not receiving texts from Verizon numbers; just not making sense

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 4:49:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having all the same issues.  I spoke to ATT and they have confirmed that this is a widespread problem and both Verizon and ATT are working together to get this fixed!  The only thing we can do is sit back and hope that it happens soon.

I'm having all the same issues.  I spoke to ATT and they have confirmed that this is a widespread problem and both Verizon and ATT are working together to get this fixed!  The only thing we can do is sit back and hope that it happens soon.

Re: Not receiving texts from Verizon numbers; just not making sense

2 of 2 (1,005 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments