Not my doing.

Not my doing.

I turn off my prepaid go phone at the beginning of May this year with a significant amount of money in my prepaid account. I tried using it today and I had 1 dollar left... !? I tried looking for a way to email att about it and kept getting the idea that gophone support is nonexistent ...

go to regular support and i am forwarded to gophone support where I click on something that says contact us and it takes me right back to regular support ... viscious loop and im livid right now

Message 1 of 26 (840 Views)
Guru

Re: Not my doing.

Dial 611 from your phone and after you press the fourth option where the IVR says "more options" say customer service and or press "0" and you'll be connected to a live representative.

Message 2 of 26 (838 Views)
Master

Delkerramak wrote:

I turn off my prepaid go phone at the beginning of May this year with a significant amount of money in my prepaid account. I tried using it today and I had 1 dollar left... !? I tried looking for a way to email att about it and kept getting the idea that gophone support is nonexistent ...

go to regular support and i am forwarded to gophone support where I click on something that says contact us and it takes me right back to regular support ... viscious loop and im livid right now

You turned the phone off as in physically pressing the power button and turning the phone off, or you cancelled/stopped paying for your GoPhone service? What was the amount your last refill? It had to have been more than $25.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 26 (829 Views)

I put in 25 today after seeing that i was empty but i almost swear i had 80 dollars in it before i turned the actually phone off for summer break ... power off OFF ... not deactivate my account. turned it back on and I have almost nothing.

Message 4 of 26 (822 Views)
Employee

minutes expire on prepaid
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 26 (817 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
That is right, money does expire on GoPhone accounts if it is not used for a prolonged period of time. It's been only three months since May, so if you refilled with a $25 card, that would last you 90 days (3 months) until your account would expire and you would have lost all of your money.

It seems mysterious how all of that money just disappeared, though. It would not have all expired, unless you only used $15 refill cards to equal the original $80 amount.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 26 (809 Views)
Former Employee

If they expire, they ALL expire at ones.

Message 7 of 26 (804 Views)

No, for prepaid ... when you buy 100 dollars of prepaid time it lasts 365 days ... dont misunderstand ... before yesterday I never did anything less than a 1 year addition to my account. 

Yesterday, after seeing what happened to my balance over the summer I decided I would add 25 dollars which has a 3 month expiration date... this will get me through my next semester of college ... group project and family communication.

In 3 months, if this doesnt get resolved ... I will never use another att service or product for as long as I live.

Message 8 of 26 (797 Views)
Professor

Doesnt the Gophone Prepaid plan automatically take off a dollar a day whether or not you use the phone or even make a call:? Isnt there a daily fee?
Message 9 of 26 (786 Views)

Nope ... 3 dollars taken off my account for each day I use it and for that day I get unlimited time to call.

Message 10 of 26 (780 Views)
ACE - Professor

I thought it was $2 for each day according to the plan with texting.

However, minutes indeed do expire on prepaid devices. Think of it like rollover minutes only with a much faster expiration date.

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 26 (705 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Evandela wrote:
I thought it was $2 for each day according to the plan with texting.

However, minutes indeed do expire on prepaid devices. Think of it like rollover minutes only with a much faster expiration date.

-Evandela

Yes, you're right! And for Gophones, instead of calling them Rollover Minutes, they should call them "Milky Minutes"  use them quick or they go bad and toxic  like a carton of milk left in the car trunk after last week's shopping...... .whew!

Message 12 of 26 (702 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Lol, I absolutely agree there! Smiley Tongue

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 26 (696 Views)

3 dollars a day for my plan ... and if you buy 100 at a time its a 1 year expiration

Message 14 of 26 (688 Views)
Professor

$3.00 a day. Thats about $90/month! If you make calls or not? Might as well get a $49/500 minute type plan....
Message 15 of 26 (684 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.