Not getting text from Verizon phone

Contributor

Not getting text from Verizon phone

I have one friend that has Verizon and I can't recieve his text messages. He can recieve my texts but I get nothing back. What do I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (7,467 Views)
Contributor

Re: Not getting text from Verizon phone

I'm glad to see I am not the only one.   I havent been able to receive a text from a Verizon phone in 3 or 4 days.  Over the weekend I could also not send to them, but that seems to have cleared up.  I can recenive texts from ATT and Sprint users, just not verizon.  The problem is my entire family is on Verizon, so I'm cut off.  It's rather frustrating.

Message 2 of 6 (7,452 Views)
Contributor

I've been having the same problem. I transferred my number to att about 3 weeks ago and eveything had been working fine up until the 29th, I think, that's when I noticed the problem. Att tech support said it wasn't there problem although they did spend quite a bit of time trying to help me. My wife and I are both having the problem but we can send and receive texts to Sprint, Tmobile and ATT but we just can't receive them from Verizon.

I'm in Seattle using an IPhone 4, switched over to ATT 3 weeks ago. Maybe some of the others having this problem are in the same area? Type of phone? or recently switched over from Verizon?

Message 3 of 6 (7,341 Views)
Contributor

I too just ported my verizon number over to at&t on an iphone 4 about 2 weeks ago, and ever since then I can not receive text messages from any carrier except at&t, altough I can send to any other carrier ok. I have been on the phone twice for several hours and have gone into the at&t corporate store as well, and I have yet to get it resolved. The technical service phone rep checked my account setup, and the 3rd party text routing setup and everything appeared to be ok. He also contacted verizon's porting center, and they verified they released the number. I made sure I updated my iphone 4 to the latest 4.3.1 software too, and I had the store changed the SIM card also, but to no avail. I am very frustrated with this whole problem and I am about ready to take the phone back to at&t and terminate the contract before the 30-day trial period expires. The whole reason I switched to at&t was for the concurrent data/voice capability and for the rollover minutes, but these features are worthless to me if I cannot receive texts from other carriers. I paid for unlimited texting, but what good is it if I can only receive at&t text messages? Any help out there???

Message 4 of 6 (7,288 Views)
Contributor

Resolved: Not getting text from Verizon phone

OK, I just got the Verizon text message issue straightened out, after another hour of phones calls. After reaching someone knowledgeable at Verizon's Port Center (888-844-7095), they determined the problem was being caused because they never closed my Verizon account (even though the number had been re-ported over to at&t). So what was happening was that anything being initiated internally from the Verizon network (such as text messages) was still routing to my old account, even though it was closed. The Verizon Port Center contacted Verizon Customer Service on a 3-way call with me, explained the problem, and had them electronically terminate my old account. As soon as they did that, all my missing text messages began flooding in. Hope that helps somebody, but mine was strictly a Verizon problem, not at&t. :-)

Message 5 of 6 (7,265 Views)
Employee

its a known issue. something happened on Verizon's end and anyone who ported from there got reclaimed by Verizon. it'll be worked out eventually.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (7,188 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.