Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 15, 2011
12:11:09 PM
Not an AT&T question but an iPhone question

How do you move the pictures/videos off the phone?

With my old 3G I would just post them on Facebook or email them .... but it seems as though there should be a better way to do this, directly from the phone to the computer?

How do you move the pictures/videos off the phone?

With my old 3G I would just post them on Facebook or email them .... but it seems as though there should be a better way to do this, directly from the phone to the computer?

Not an AT&T question but an iPhone question

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 12:40:02 PM
(0)
Mentor
Use iTunes to drag and drop.
Use iTunes to drag and drop.

Re: Not an AT&T question but an iPhone question

2 of 8 (184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 2:05:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
When you plug your iPhone into a Windows computer, the camera should show up as a separate drive. Transfer the photos to your computer, organize into folders if you like, and you're done.
When you plug your iPhone into a Windows computer, the camera should show up as a separate drive. Transfer the photos to your computer, organize into folders if you like, and you're done.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 2:20:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

sorry, should have said I have a MacBook Pro ....

when I plug my phone in, it says no camera found.

4 of 8 (159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 3:01:50 PM
(0)
Teacher
Here's what I do and you cab decide for yourself. Open a photobucket acct. (free) Download the iPhone app. (again free) open the photobucket app & it will download all of your photos to photobucket & then you can get them whenever you want from any device and their backed-up. Just a suggestion.
Here's what I do and you cab decide for yourself. Open a photobucket acct. (free) Download the iPhone app. (again free) open the photobucket app & it will download all of your photos to photobucket & then you can get them whenever you want from any device and their backed-up. Just a suggestion.

5 of 8 (149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 3:04:22 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

mom2boys77 wrote:

Hi there, 

Try downloading iTunes: http://www.apple.com/itunes/ - You'll be able to sync your phone to your mac and move pics/videos and music between the two. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

mom2boys77 wrote:

Hi there, 

Try downloading iTunes: http://www.apple.com/itunes/ - You'll be able to sync your phone to your mac and move pics/videos and music between the two. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 6:21:50 PM
(0)
Former Employee
Use the new photo stream that is part of ios 5 and the new iCloud. Once you activate it, any photo you take on your phone will automatically transfer to your pc or Mac thru the cloud.
Use the new photo stream that is part of ios 5 and the new iCloud. Once you activate it, any photo you take on your phone will automatically transfer to your pc or Mac thru the cloud.

7 of 8 (128 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 10:23:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mom2boys77 wrote:

With my MacBook Pro, I can use iPhoto, or Aperure to import the pictures from my iPhone into my computer.  It works the same as when I connect the card reader with the memory card from my Canon camera.
Since  bought Aperture from teh Mac App store for about $80, I tend to use that for just about everything now.  I have even created a saved "profile" for importing pictures from my iPhone.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

mom2boys77 wrote:

With my MacBook Pro, I can use iPhoto, or Aperure to import the pictures from my iPhone into my computer.  It works the same as when I connect the card reader with the memory card from my Canon camera.
Since  bought Aperture from teh Mac App store for about $80, I tend to use that for just about everything now.  I have even created a saved "profile" for importing pictures from my iPhone.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (97 Views)