Not able to login to MyAT&T Iphone app

Contributor

Not able to login to MyAT&T Iphone app

I am a new subscriber to to AT&T and recently create an access id on AT&T website for check my account information.  The user ID that I use is in text format and I have no problem to login when I use a browser on computer.

I download an application to my IPhone from Apps store call MyAT&T (to check usage), but I have difficulty to login because the user ID that is require to enter is my mobile number.  When I entered my mobile number and password it prompt me with error message: Error: L110 - The password you entered is not a permanent password for this wireless number.  Please change your password via my AT&T"

I log into myAT&T and try to change my access ID to my wireless number.  But it prompt me with the first letter need to be a character.  How is the Iphone app works?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 4

Re: Not able to login to MyAT&T Iphone app

MyAT&T app works fine on my iPhone. It's my 10 digit phone number with a password; same as I use on ATT.com. Maybe delete the app & re-download it?

wlit wrote:

I am a new subscriber to to AT&T and recently create an access id on AT&T website for check my account information.  The user ID that I use is in text format and I have no problem to login when I use a browser on computer.

I download an application to my IPhone from Apps store call MyAT&T (to check usage), but I have difficulty to login because the user ID that is require to enter is my mobile number.  When I entered my mobile number and password it prompt me with error message: Error: L110 - The password you entered is not a permanent password for this wireless number.  Please change your password via my AT&T"

I log into myAT&T and try to change my access ID to my wireless number.  But it prompt me with the first letter need to be a character.  How is the Iphone app works?  Thank you!

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

It appears the iphone app will only accept a wireless number as the user id. Rather than logging into your existing MyATT account, try to re-register as a new user but use the 10 digit wireless number as the user I'd.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

That is correct the current myAT&T Iphone app will only accept a wireless number as user ID.  Re-register will not work since "An AT&T Access ID must be at least 5 characters long and start with a letter. It can also include numbers and any of the following special characters: periods (.), underscores (_), hyphens (-). The at symbol (@) is also allowed when using a valid email address as your AT&T Access ID."  I have the option to change the the ID after I login but again it does not support all numeric.

Just now, I received an update notification for myAT&T app v2.2 that plan to published on Jan 24, 2012.  The newest app resolve the user ID issues and allow me to use email address to login.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/myat-t/id309172177?mt=8

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support