Not able to login to MyAT&T Iphone app

Contributor

Not able to login to MyAT&T Iphone app

I am a new subscriber to to AT&T and recently create an access id on AT&T website for check my account information.  The user ID that I use is in text format and I have no problem to login when I use a browser on computer.

I download an application to my IPhone from Apps store call MyAT&T (to check usage), but I have difficulty to login because the user ID that is require to enter is my mobile number.  When I entered my mobile number and password it prompt me with error message: Error: L110 - The password you entered is not a permanent password for this wireless number.  Please change your password via my AT&T"

I log into myAT&T and try to change my access ID to my wireless number.  But it prompt me with the first letter need to be a character.  How is the Iphone app works?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (1,104 Views)

Re: Not able to login to MyAT&T Iphone app

MyAT&T app works fine on my iPhone. It's my 10 digit phone number with a password; same as I use on ATT.com. Maybe delete the app & re-download it?

wlit wrote:

I am a new subscriber to to AT&T and recently create an access id on AT&T website for check my account information.  The user ID that I use is in text format and I have no problem to login when I use a browser on computer.

I download an application to my IPhone from Apps store call MyAT&T (to check usage), but I have difficulty to login because the user ID that is require to enter is my mobile number.  When I entered my mobile number and password it prompt me with error message: Error: L110 - The password you entered is not a permanent password for this wireless number.  Please change your password via my AT&T"

I log into myAT&T and try to change my access ID to my wireless number.  But it prompt me with the first letter need to be a character.  How is the Iphone app works?  Thank you!

Message 2 of 4 (1,056 Views)
ACE - Master

It appears the iphone app will only accept a wireless number as the user id. Rather than logging into your existing MyATT account, try to re-register as a new user but use the 10 digit wireless number as the user I'd.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (1,053 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

That is correct the current myAT&T Iphone app will only accept a wireless number as user ID.  Re-register will not work since "An AT&T Access ID must be at least 5 characters long and start with a letter. It can also include numbers and any of the following special characters: periods (.), underscores (_), hyphens (-). The at symbol (@) is also allowed when using a valid email address as your AT&T Access ID."  I have the option to change the the ID after I login but again it does not support all numeric.

Just now, I received an update notification for myAT&T app v2.2 that plan to published on Jan 24, 2012.  The newest app resolve the user ID issues and allow me to use email address to login.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/myat-t/id309172177?mt=8

Message 4 of 4 (1,036 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.