Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 26, 2012
11:42:26 AM
View profile
Not able to exchange text messages with Android users

My new iPhone 3gs cannot exchange text messages with Android users (one of whom is my daughter).

Please help

My new iPhone 3gs cannot exchange text messages with Android users (one of whom is my daughter).

Please help

Not able to exchange text messages with Android users

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2012 1:23:24 PM
(0)
Guru
Check if one of you block numbers or have a text block on you accounts and if you have good signal? were you able to send or received calls? check the message center number if its correct.
Check if one of you block numbers or have a text block on you accounts and if you have good signal? were you able to send or received calls? check the message center number if its correct.

Re: Not able to exchange text messages with Android users

2 of 7 (1,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2012 2:06:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

I have no numbers blocked.

How do I find out if there's a "text block" on my account?

I do have a good signal and able to send and receive calls from everyone, as well as being able to send and receive text messages from other iPhone users.

Where do I find "the message center number"?

Thanks for the reply!

I have no numbers blocked.

How do I find out if there's a "text block" on my account?

I do have a good signal and able to send and receive calls from everyone, as well as being able to send and receive text messages from other iPhone users.

Where do I find "the message center number"?

3 of 7 (1,608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2012 2:12:51 PM
(0)
Guru
Im not sure if it can be check for iPhone. b/c never had this kind of problem for text block check if you can both of your number can send or received text from anyone else. if yes then its should be a block number. for better troubleshooting call att.
Im not sure if it can be check for iPhone. b/c never had this kind of problem for text block check if you can both of your number can send or received text from anyone else. if yes then its should be a block number. for better troubleshooting call att.

4 of 7 (1,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2012 5:42:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I recently had an issue exchanging sms messages with a friend who now has an Android phone on AT&T.  I have exchanged many texts with her inthe past, and this time, I sent her a message and never got a reply.  A few days later, I met up with her and found that she had received my message and even replied, altough it was a bit odd.  For some reason, this text went through some sort of text to email conversion and came through to her phone as a text message, but rather than to her phone it was addressed to #########@txt.att.net or something very similar with her cell number in front of the "@" sign.

I went into my address book and found 2 entries for her, one labled "mobile" which looked normal, and one labeled "cell" which had this bogus email address listed.  After deleting this strange entry from my address book, texting with her is now back to normal...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I recently had an issue exchanging sms messages with a friend who now has an Android phone on AT&T.  I have exchanged many texts with her inthe past, and this time, I sent her a message and never got a reply.  A few days later, I met up with her and found that she had received my message and even replied, altough it was a bit odd.  For some reason, this text went through some sort of text to email conversion and came through to her phone as a text message, but rather than to her phone it was addressed to #########@txt.att.net or something very similar with her cell number in front of the "@" sign.

I went into my address book and found 2 entries for her, one labled "mobile" which looked normal, and one labeled "cell" which had this bogus email address listed.  After deleting this strange entry from my address book, texting with her is now back to normal...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (1,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2012 8:31:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Contacted tech support and found the answer.

When I purchased the phone, I signed up for the $20/month unlimited text option, but after discovering that texting is free between iPhone users, I cancelled the option.  What I did not realize was that it was necessary for me to opt into the pay per use option.  I have since done so, and all is well.

Thank you for the help. 

When I purchased the phone, I signed up for the $20/month unlimited text option, but after discovering that texting is free between iPhone users, I cancelled the option.  What I did not realize was that it was necessary for me to opt into the pay per use option.  I have since done so, and all is well.

Thank you for the help. 

6 of 7 (1,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2012 9:00:00 AM
(0)
Guru

evylinda wrote:

Thank you for the help. 

the iphone to iphone is called iMessage Smiley Happy and good to hear that its working now

evylinda wrote:

Thank you for the help. 

the iphone to iphone is called iMessage Smiley Happy and good to hear that its working now

7 of 7 (1,574 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments