Not Receiving Texts

Contributor

Not Receiving Texts

Hey, I've been hearing from some of my friends that "I texted you a few days ago.. did you get it?" and I check my inbox and their messages are no where to be found.  I have enough space for them, I even receive texts from certain people, but I have at least 3 people who for some reason can't send me a message. 

Could it be they're on a different plan and that's messing it up?  They also can receive texts I send, just not the other way around..
Message 1 of 20
Teacher

Re: Not Receiving Texts

ive been having the same problem.
Message 2 of 20
Contributor

Same as me!!Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 20
Contributor

yea im having the same problem so far everyone who can text me has at&t so obviously its a problem with at&t, they need to do something about this, its really making me mad
Message 4 of 20
Expert

mtor82 wrote:
     Yea im having the same problem so far everyone who can text me has at&t so obviously its a problem with at&t, they need to do something about this, its really making me mad

What did customer care say when you called them about this issue......
Message 5 of 20
Tutor

Did you ever get this resolved?
Message 6 of 20
Tutor

Maybe those people do not have text-messaging activated on their phones.  Before I subscribed to texting, no one would get the texts I sent.
Message 7 of 20
Contributor

I also have this problem It has happened with ATT and non ATT friends alike and I am very frustrated when I hear that someone texted me and I never got it. I often text others and they don't recieve my texts. The same users will get or send me texts other times with no apparent problems. My big questio is what happens to those myterious dissappearing texts cause they say sent on my phone. Am i getting charged for them? why doesn't ATT monitor these forums and answer our questions?

Kinda upset that I just renewed my contract-
Message 8 of 20
Contributor

I have been having similar issues:

I can send but cannot receive texts to one specific other AT&T user.  I have gone online three times and no one can resolve this issue for me.  The latest person told me it's on his end.  I had all my numbers checked and everything is kosher on this end.

It all started a couple of weeks ago.  I downloaded a couple of games and bam, my phone went black.  Had to take the battery out and restart.  I was told there is no real chance that I could have downloaded a virus.  All three reps I chatted with said this was highly unlikely.

The number of the person I'm not getting texts from is the only number I'm having this problem with.  I have restarted it several times a day now hoping that I will get these texts.  Up until a few days ago, I would get them dumped into my phone at one time.  For three days I have not received anything from him now even though he still replies to mine.  This is the person I have texted hundreds of times a month for the last 7 months and have never had a problem with before. 

I moved from MD to GA and thought this may be an issue, although I moved in Nov of last year and everything was working fine up until recently.  The reps said this is not an issue because the text number is nationwide.

We both have unlimited M2M texting.

He gets mine as soon as I send them, I get nothing in return.  My sisters and friends get mine as well and I get their replies immediately.

He says he is having no issue with anyone else as well.  Other then me not getting his texts, things are normal.

Did AT&T do something in the last few weeks to their wireless system, possibly an upgrade that could be causing this?  He's the reason why I got unlimited and I am tired of the online folks not having a clue. 

I wonder if they are somehow limiting the unlimited texts we are able to send.  He is the main person I text.  I may text 30 other msg's a month to others, at the most, and it seems like I've been cut off.

Any input into this would be of great value to me.  Thank you.
Message 9 of 20
Contributor

This same problem has been happening to me.  I do not have a texting plan.  I pay as I text.  So far, my friends all receive my texts, but I do not receive many of theirs.  I believe the ones that I do not receive are on plans other than AT&T.  It is very frustrating and annoying.  I wonder when a solution will be solved.
Message 10 of 20
Master

Have you called customer service? They should be able to help you resolve this.

ladyluck102791 wrote:
This same problem has been happening to me.  I do not have a texting plan.  I pay as I text.  So far, my friends all receive my texts, but I do not receive many of theirs.  I believe the ones that I do not receive are on plans other than AT&T.  It is very frustrating and annoying.  I wonder when a solution will be solved.

Message 11 of 20
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I can send text messages to anyone, but I can only receive them from AT&T customers.  I have had AT&T service for almost a year (with data and text service) and have been trying to get this fixed with customer service from the start.  I was on the phone with them for over 2 hours last night again, at that point they said it was a problem with the inter-carrier routing.  They stated that they had updated all the information, but it would not update in the inter-carrier routing system until after midnight (it would work just fine after that).  Now this morning I have tried several times and I am still unable to receive text messages.  I tried turning off and on and I tried pulling the battery to reboot the phone.  At this point I am considering disconnecting the service and paying any fees required to do so.  I still have my old Alltel phone service that I have not disconnected so that I can still receive text messages, so it would be cheaper to pay the cacelation fees and just stick with Alltel.  I am sick of trying to deal with customer service just to continuously be blown off with excuses and promises that it is fixed.  Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?  I have a Palm Treo 750 and I just recently updated to Windows Mobile 6 just see if that might help, but it changed nothing.
Message 12 of 20
Contributor

I am  having the same problem but it only seems to happen when my phone is in a 3G area and it works just fine in an edge area
Message 13 of 20
Tutor

I spoke with five different customer service & people over a period of 2.5 hours (all of whom were sincerely trying to help me).  Eventually, I was given a case #.  Three days later, they sent me a text message to say that it was solved.  I had a few friends send me test messages and they didn't work.  I called and text-ed back to respond about my case.  They said it would remain  open and they wouldd continue to work on it.  Two days later, I received a message that it should be solved, and indeed it was.  This was resolved about three weeks after my  new service activation.
Message 14 of 20
Contributor

ive been having a problem with my txt messaging like one day it would be fine but then later all my messages that ive had on my phone all of the sudden they get erased by themselves and i didnt do anything and then later when someone is sendin me somethin i dont recieve it like it wud show me that i have a message but then the little icon would take off right away....why does it do that? cuz it has happened to me like 3 times now and i dont know wat to do??
Message 15 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support