Posted Dec 19, 2011
9:09:50 AM
Nokia N86 and Sony Ericsson w995 considered smartphones?

Basically my question is what the title asks.

Are the Nokia N86, and Sony Ericsson w995 considered to be smartphones? If someone who actually owns these phones could chime in that would be great.

I'm trying to avoid paying a mandatory data charge of 25 bucks just to have a phone with some improved features. I realize there is a 15 dollar plan, but lets face it, 200 mb can go by in a hurry.

Ive done some research and most accounts would say that the w995 would not be considered a smartphone, but the N86 would, which makes the w995 the winner for me.

Just wondering if anyone had any input. Im considering calling AT&T to ask, but since neither phone has ever been sold by them, Im not forseeing much help.

Nokia N86 and Sony Ericsson w995 considered smartphones?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 12:24:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The SE w995 is NOT a smartphone, but the Nokia N86 is a smartphone.

I think you have come to a conclusion. I like the SE better, anyway. :smileywink:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Nokia N86 and Sony Ericsson w995 considered smartphones?

2 of 3 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2011 1:39:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Nokia smartphones not sold by AT&T are usually not treated as smartphones by the billing system. Examples include N8 & E7.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Nokia N86 and Sony Ericsson w995 considered smartphones?

3 of 3 (495 Views)