Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 17, 2011
11:18:37 AM
View profile
Nokia Mural won't turn on/charge

I have a Nokia Mural (6750).
I was at work last night when the battery died on me. When I got home and tried to charge it, it didn't work out so well. Every time I plug the charger in, it blinks a red light at me.

I left it charge overnight, but my phone still won't turn on.

No matter how many times I unplug and replug it, it still flashes the red light. I've tried taking the battery out too.

So my questions are...
Is it a problem with the battery, charger, or phone? Is there any way I can fix it?

I have a Nokia Mural (6750).
I was at work last night when the battery died on me. When I got home and tried to charge it, it didn't work out so well. Every time I plug the charger in, it blinks a red light at me.

I left it charge overnight, but my phone still won't turn on.

No matter how many times I unplug and replug it, it still flashes the red light. I've tried taking the battery out too.

So my questions are...
Is it a problem with the battery, charger, or phone? Is there any way I can fix it?

Nokia Mural won't turn on/charge

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2011 12:33:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ok, so i'm replying to my own post. I ended up messing around with it, and I discovered that if I push the cable a certain way, my phone will charge.

It's either an issue with the charger or the port on my phone.

Ok, so i'm replying to my own post. I ended up messing around with it, and I discovered that if I push the cable a certain way, my phone will charge.

It's either an issue with the charger or the port on my phone.

Re: Nokia Mural won't turn on/charge

2 of 4 (2,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2011 9:03:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would visit your local at&t store to see if they have a compatible charger you can use to test with.  If you determine the charger is not the issue, then you may want to file a warranty claim if the phone isn't already outside of the warranty coverage period.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

I would visit your local at&t store to see if they have a compatible charger you can use to test with.  If you determine the charger is not the issue, then you may want to file a warranty claim if the phone isn't already outside of the warranty coverage period.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (1,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2012 8:08:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have found that dirt gets into the charger connector because there is no cover to keep it out. I suggest you either get a new charger or clean the connector on your old one. AT&T should know this and provide help. It can be difficult to diagnose because the connection can be good enough for the phone to tell you it's being charged when it's really not.

I have found that dirt gets into the charger connector because there is no cover to keep it out. I suggest you either get a new charger or clean the connector on your old one. AT&T should know this and provide help. It can be difficult to diagnose because the connection can be good enough for the phone to tell you it's being charged when it's really not.

4 of 4 (1,449 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments