Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 21, 2012
7:07:39 AM
View profile
Nokia Lumia 900 won't turn on after battery drain

My recently purchased Nokia Lumia 900 died last night, the battery dropped too low and it turned itself off. I put it on the charger for a couple hours, but it still would not turn on. When I plug it into the charger, it constantly tries to turn itself back on. It brings up a white screen, the bottom 3 buttons light up, and then the low battery signal shows up. Then it buzzes/ vibrates and turns off. It does this in a loop. I left it on the charger overnight, and woke up to it still doing the same thing. (Side note: It was ridiculously hot at this point)

I have pressed the buttons to do a hard reset but it did not make any change. Please advise what I can do since I can't remove the battery. Is this phone bricked? If so that would be very lame, especially since I just bought it a month ago.

My recently purchased Nokia Lumia 900 died last night, the battery dropped too low and it turned itself off. I put it on the charger for a couple hours, but it still would not turn on. When I plug it into the charger, it constantly tries to turn itself back on. It brings up a white screen, the bottom 3 buttons light up, and then the low battery signal shows up. Then it buzzes/ vibrates and turns off. It does this in a loop. I left it on the charger overnight, and woke up to it still doing the same thing. (Side note: It was ridiculously hot at this point)

I have pressed the buttons to do a hard reset but it did not make any change. Please advise what I can do since I can't remove the battery. Is this phone bricked? If so that would be very lame, especially since I just bought it a month ago.

Nokia Lumia 900 won't turn on after battery drain

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 7:03:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds and the phone should restart itself. My Lumia 900 came with a dead battery and this happened to me when I was charging it and I just held down the power button for a few seconds and it restarted and worked. If that does not work you should get a replacement from AT&T or contact Nokia here: https://twitter.com/#!/nokiacareus 

Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds and the phone should restart itself. My Lumia 900 came with a dead battery and this happened to me when I was charging it and I just held down the power button for a few seconds and it restarted and worked. If that does not work you should get a replacement from AT&T or contact Nokia here: https://twitter.com/#!/nokiacareus 

Re: Nokia Lumia 900 won't turn on after battery drain

2 of 4 (17,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 7:18:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, I contacted AT&T directly and they are sending me a new phone. This does not make me feel great about owning this phone to have it brick itself after 30 days. I will be very wary to let it die from now on. Very, very bad impression.

Yeah, I contacted AT&T directly and they are sending me a new phone. This does not make me feel great about owning this phone to have it brick itself after 30 days. I will be very wary to let it die from now on. Very, very bad impression.

3 of 4 (17,367 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 7:40:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

This is my biggest fear of owning a phone where I can't remove the battery.  Countless times I've needed to remove the battery to power down or power up a phone. 

This is my biggest fear of owning a phone where I can't remove the battery.  Countless times I've needed to remove the battery to power down or power up a phone. 

4 of 4 (17,214 Views)