Nokia Lumia 900 won't turn on after battery drain

Highlighted
Contributor

Nokia Lumia 900 won't turn on after battery drain

My recently purchased Nokia Lumia 900 died last night, the battery dropped too low and it turned itself off. I put it on the charger for a couple hours, but it still would not turn on. When I plug it into the charger, it constantly tries to turn itself back on. It brings up a white screen, the bottom 3 buttons light up, and then the low battery signal shows up. Then it buzzes/ vibrates and turns off. It does this in a loop. I left it on the charger overnight, and woke up to it still doing the same thing. (Side note: It was ridiculously hot at this point)

I have pressed the buttons to do a hard reset but it did not make any change. Please advise what I can do since I can't remove the battery. Is this phone bricked? If so that would be very lame, especially since I just bought it a month ago.

Message 1 of 4 (17,511 Views)

Re: Nokia Lumia 900 won't turn on after battery drain

Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds and the phone should restart itself. My Lumia 900 came with a dead battery and this happened to me when I was charging it and I just held down the power button for a few seconds and it restarted and worked. If that does not work you should get a replacement from AT&T or contact Nokia here: https://twitter.com/#!/nokiacareus 

Message 2 of 4 (17,441 Views)
Contributor

Yeah, I contacted AT&T directly and they are sending me a new phone. This does not make me feel great about owning this phone to have it brick itself after 30 days. I will be very wary to let it die from now on. Very, very bad impression.

Message 3 of 4 (17,421 Views)
Scholar

This is my biggest fear of owning a phone where I can't remove the battery.  Countless times I've needed to remove the battery to power down or power up a phone. 

Message 4 of 4 (17,268 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.