Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2011
4:13:32 PM
Nokia C3 and Facebook app

I can not get the Facebook app to run on my Nokia C3. I intitally installed it, and when I went to run it, it asked 3-4 times about data charges and I said yes each time, then got an error message about my phone not being configured correctly. I deleted the app, then installed the signed version (because that worked with the Opera browser), but still the same scenario. Under Application Settings > Network Access, the only options available are "ask every time" and "not allowed"; I think this may be where the problem lies. What do I need to do to make this work?

I can not get the Facebook app to run on my Nokia C3. I intitally installed it, and when I went to run it, it asked 3-4 times about data charges and I said yes each time, then got an error message about my phone not being configured correctly. I deleted the app, then installed the signed version (because that worked with the Opera browser), but still the same scenario. Under Application Settings > Network Access, the only options available are "ask every time" and "not allowed"; I think this may be where the problem lies. What do I need to do to make this work?

Nokia C3 and Facebook app

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 10:41:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Oct 1, 2011 at 10:41:55 AM
I don't know that I'm going to be of much help, but have you also tried checking your Opera application to see if there are some network access settings there that can be altered?  If you only checked in the Facebook application settings, you may need to take a look at the Opera settings as well.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

I don't know that I'm going to be of much help, but have you also tried checking your Opera application to see if there are some network access settings there that can be altered?  If you only checked in the Facebook application settings, you may need to take a look at the Opera settings as well.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Nokia C3 and Facebook app

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (1,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 12:38:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have checked the Opera settings, and it is allowed to be set at "ask first time only", instead of just ask every time and never allow. The Facebook app isn't allowed that option for some reason, and that's why (I think anyway) that it won't run.

I did go back and check the details on the signed version however, and it still says there's no certificate. I couldn't install it from the phone though (it kept saying "invalid application"); I had to download the jad file from my desktop and install it through Ovi Suite. Could it have somehow "lost" the certificate along the way?? 

I have checked the Opera settings, and it is allowed to be set at "ask first time only", instead of just ask every time and never allow. The Facebook app isn't allowed that option for some reason, and that's why (I think anyway) that it won't run.

I did go back and check the details on the signed version however, and it still says there's no certificate. I couldn't install it from the phone though (it kept saying "invalid application"); I had to download the jad file from my desktop and install it through Ovi Suite. Could it have somehow "lost" the certificate along the way?? 

3 of 8 (1,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 2:21:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

cymbaline wrote:

I really don't know so hopefully someone who uses/is familiar with the Facebook app can be of more help to you re: it.  I do know that my somewhat limited experience with at&t branded phones has been that if there isn't a signed certificate version, many times you cannot change the application to not request network access every time, and so applications don't really work; but that's about the limit of my knowledge re: it. Smiley Sad

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

cymbaline wrote:

I really don't know so hopefully someone who uses/is familiar with the Facebook app can be of more help to you re: it.  I do know that my somewhat limited experience with at&t branded phones has been that if there isn't a signed certificate version, many times you cannot change the application to not request network access every time, and so applications don't really work; but that's about the limit of my knowledge re: it. Smiley Sad

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (1,927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 12:17:53 AM
(0)
Professor
Try running the facebook app with your phone on wifi only.
Try running the facebook app with your phone on wifi only.

5 of 8 (1,901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 4:22:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unfortunately if the OP has the at&t branded C3, I believe at&t removed the WiFi functionality. (Nokia's generic version does have WiFi.)

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Unfortunately if the OP has the at&t branded C3, I believe at&t removed the WiFi functionality. (Nokia's generic version does have WiFi.)

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

6 of 8 (1,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 4:42:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
You beat me to it - yes, AT&T has disabled the WiFi. Smiley Sad
You beat me to it - yes, AT&T has disabled the WiFi. Smiley Sad

7 of 8 (1,896 Views)