Nokia 6350 screen saver not available?

Contributor

Nokia 6350 screen saver not available?

Hey, I just got a nokia 6350, and when I look in the instructions on how to apply an image so it's a screen saver, it doesn't show up on my phone! It says you select the image, and select use image, then select "set as screensaver," but, that option does not even show up on my phone. Does anyone know why? Is it the software version or something that needs to be updated? Because when I close the phone, it only shows the wallpaper on the external screen for like 5 seconds, then it goes completely blank. Is there any way to keep this from happening? I would like to be able to see the clock and stuff on the external screen, I know that's the way my old nokia was. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
Scholar

Re: Nokia 6350 screen saver not available?

James88215 wrote:

Hey, I just got a nokia 6350, and when I look in the instructions on how to apply an image so it's a screen saver, it doesn't show up on my phone! It says you select the image, and select use image, then select "set as screensaver," but, that option does not even show up on my phone. Does anyone know why? Is it the software version or something that needs to be updated? Because when I close the phone, it only shows the wallpaper on the external screen for like 5 seconds, then it goes completely blank. Is there any way to keep this from happening? I would like to be able to see the clock and stuff on the external screen, I know that's the way my old nokia was. Thank you!

There is no option on mine to change the back light timeout for either screen. Was not an option on my last Nokia either. If you want a screensaver rather than a picture, try finding an animated .gif file you like and install it on the phone. The back light will still turn off shortly.

I don't know where you see anything about a screensaver. I see no mention of one in my user manual or one I just downloaded from Nokia.

My firmware is v 12.40, dated 3-22-2010 .  To check your firmware version enter this:  *#0000# . Press end call to exit.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support