Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 20, 2010
4:52:55 AM
View profile
Nokia 6350 Problems (one conversation for the many faults of the 6350!!)
Edited by WilliamSNET on Nov 20, 2010 at 11:54:27 AM

I bought a Nokia 6350 online at ATT because they gave a little better deal than the SamsungRugby. I had been buying SamSungs but my first two Cell Phones were Nokia and they were adaquate.

Using the Nokia 6350 I have had to deal with:

1. A back cover that would not stay on.

2. Very low volume on the ringer.

3. Firmware issues with the ringer system

4. The video recorder would start recording when the phone was folded and in its holster.

The replacement 6350 that ATT send also had low volume problems on the ringer, my Boss thinks I am ignoring his calls!! This week a new problem started. My battery life has decreased drastically eventhough my useage has stayed the same. What is odd is that the battery seems to recharge just has quickly as it discharges.

This 6350 is a peice of crap, how can Nokia live with this? I will never buy another Nokia product and if asked will tell others to stay away from the Nokia Brand.

Thanks ATT for recomending this peice of junk as part of my new contract!  Somehow I will now get a Samsung Rugby or Samsung Smart Phone even if I have to pay full price!!

Any suggestions for a Samsung Smart Phone.

William

*Post Edited due to beta browser issues* - pamelaz

I bought a Nokia 6350 online at ATT because they gave a little better deal than the SamsungRugby. I had been buying SamSungs but my first two Cell Phones were Nokia and they were adaquate.

Using the Nokia 6350 I have had to deal with:

1. A back cover that would not stay on.

2. Very low volume on the ringer.

3. Firmware issues with the ringer system

4. The video recorder would start recording when the phone was folded and in its holster.

The replacement 6350 that ATT send also had low volume problems on the ringer, my Boss thinks I am ignoring his calls!! This week a new problem started. My battery life has decreased drastically eventhough my useage has stayed the same. What is odd is that the battery seems to recharge just has quickly as it discharges.

This 6350 is a peice of crap, how can Nokia live with this? I will never buy another Nokia product and if asked will tell others to stay away from the Nokia Brand.

Thanks ATT for recomending this peice of junk as part of my new contract!  Somehow I will now get a Samsung Rugby or Samsung Smart Phone even if I have to pay full price!!

Any suggestions for a Samsung Smart Phone.

William

*Post Edited due to beta browser issues* - pamelaz

Nokia 6350 Problems (one conversation for the many faults of the 6350!!)

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2010 9:24:59 AM
(0)
Master

If you've had the 6350 less than a month you can return it to a store for an exchange to a different model.  And since you seem determined to change back to a Samsung, you will probably get better input by asking which Samsung models are well liked on the Samsung board. Smiley Wink

Additionally, if you visit a store for your exchange, you'll have an opportunity to handle the phones and make certain the one you are selecting seems more to your liking than the 6350 has been. 

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

If you've had the 6350 less than a month you can return it to a store for an exchange to a different model.  And since you seem determined to change back to a Samsung, you will probably get better input by asking which Samsung models are well liked on the Samsung board. Smiley Wink

Additionally, if you visit a store for your exchange, you'll have an opportunity to handle the phones and make certain the one you are selecting seems more to your liking than the 6350 has been. 

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Re: Nokia 6350 Problems (one conversation for the many faults of the 6350!!)

2 of 8 (4,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 3:37:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I hate this phone. The memory is crap. And then the other day, all of a sudden, some of the keys just stopped working. I've only had it since March. I am going back to using my old Razr, which still works fine after 3 years. This phone was supposed to be an upgrade. What a joke!

I hate this phone. The memory is crap. And then the other day, all of a sudden, some of the keys just stopped working. I've only had it since March. I am going back to using my old Razr, which still works fine after 3 years. This phone was supposed to be an upgrade. What a joke!

3 of 8 (3,690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 7:11:40 AM
(0)
Master

jlaboston wrote:

If you bought it as a new device, there is a one year warranty on the 6350.  You may still wish to go back to using your RAZR, but I'd at least do a warranty exchange for another (working) 6350 if there is a problem with the keypad on yours.  You can keep it on hand as a "backup", etc.

If it's a keypad problem the following won't help, but I'd at least try pulling the battery while the phone is powered on, then reinstall the battery and power the phone back up to see if maybe your problem is just a "glitch".  Also doing a master reset before you go to the trouble of making an exchange won't hurt - again, just in case it's just a momentary software glitch.

Here is information re: obtaining warranty service through at&t:

The number for at&t's warranty department is 1-800-801-1101, or you can visit one of their "Device Support Centers" if there is one nearby.

Device Support Centers

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

jlaboston wrote:

If you bought it as a new device, there is a one year warranty on the 6350.  You may still wish to go back to using your RAZR, but I'd at least do a warranty exchange for another (working) 6350 if there is a problem with the keypad on yours.  You can keep it on hand as a "backup", etc.

If it's a keypad problem the following won't help, but I'd at least try pulling the battery while the phone is powered on, then reinstall the battery and power the phone back up to see if maybe your problem is just a "glitch".  Also doing a master reset before you go to the trouble of making an exchange won't hurt - again, just in case it's just a momentary software glitch.

Here is information re: obtaining warranty service through at&t:

The number for at&t's warranty department is 1-800-801-1101, or you can visit one of their "Device Support Centers" if there is one nearby.

Device Support Centers

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

4 of 8 (3,671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 2:59:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

One solution that might help....go to Myxer.com and download your own ringtone for free. You can even customize the ringtone for your favorite part of the song. I have quite a few I've gotten this way and have a couple that make people jump in shock when my phone rings!! I suggest finding a good loud rock song you like and using that. Phones nowadays don't come with ringtones that are loud enough. Make your own!!

One solution that might help....go to Myxer.com and download your own ringtone for free. You can even customize the ringtone for your favorite part of the song. I have quite a few I've gotten this way and have a couple that make people jump in shock when my phone rings!! I suggest finding a good loud rock song you like and using that. Phones nowadays don't come with ringtones that are loud enough. Make your own!!

5 of 8 (3,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2011 4:56:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I`m reading about the problem of no ring tone.  I just today experineced this out of the blue , sometimes during a conversation phone fades in and out  also. My previous phone was a Nokia and I never had a problem  this one is only a few months old.  They should fix this problem maybe issue a recall or something

I`m reading about the problem of no ring tone.  I just today experineced this out of the blue , sometimes during a conversation phone fades in and out  also. My previous phone was a Nokia and I never had a problem  this one is only a few months old.  They should fix this problem maybe issue a recall or something

6 of 8 (2,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2011 6:16:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

I also have a Nokia 6350.  I ordered it last May and in July/August, I got a replacement because the speakerphone/ringtones were not working (coming off and on).  With the replacement, seems to work fine until last Month and again the last couple of days when I can't hear the other person, nor either the ringing.  Tried calling the voicemail and can't hear it, so there's something wrong with the way the cabling in this phone is set up.  I had to turn it off and leave it off for 10+ minutes and it works until the volume drops for whatever reason.  Plus, battery life on this phone is terrible!!!

Are there other ways to solve this issue other than turning the phone off and back on, replacing or checking the battery, calling Warranty service?

I also have a Nokia 6350.  I ordered it last May and in July/August, I got a replacement because the speakerphone/ringtones were not working (coming off and on).  With the replacement, seems to work fine until last Month and again the last couple of days when I can't hear the other person, nor either the ringing.  Tried calling the voicemail and can't hear it, so there's something wrong with the way the cabling in this phone is set up.  I had to turn it off and leave it off for 10+ minutes and it works until the volume drops for whatever reason.  Plus, battery life on this phone is terrible!!!

Are there other ways to solve this issue other than turning the phone off and back on, replacing or checking the battery, calling Warranty service?

7 of 8 (2,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 10:40:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

NOKIA 6350 IS THE BIGGEST HUNK O JUNK I EVER USED. REPEATED RESETS BECAUSE THIS WORLD PHONE NEVER WORKS AT DFW OR LAX AIRPORTS.  WHAT A JOKE; TOO BAD NOT DISCOVERED B4 THE 1 MONTH PERIOD FOR TRADE.  TONS OF ATT EXCUSES. SAME PROBLEMS AS OTHER PEOPLE REPORTED , PLUS THE NO SIGNAL AT AIRPORTS, LIFE OR DEATH FOR ME TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY RIDE WHEN I ARRIVE AT EITHER CITY.  PHONE ALSO CONNECTS TO THINGS THAT COST ME WHEN I CLOSE IT, SO HAD ALL MESSAGING TURNED OFF.  WISH I HAD PAID THE 40 BUCKS 4 THE BATTERY TO MY OLD SAMSUNG, 6-7 YEARS OLD, BUT A CONSTANT QUALITY.  THIS NIGHTMARE IS NOT ENDING.  AFTER MULTIPLE RESETS, MULTIPLE SIM CARDS, AND TWICE ATT DOWNGRADED ME TO 2G SERVICE AS IF THAT'S A SOLUTION. DUH, ATT N NOKIA KN OW THIS IS A HUN K O JUNK.  TOO BAD I DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE I SAW AT THE SERVICE CENTER PRIOR TO BUYING, ORTHESE POSTS, THEN I WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT A TWO YEAR NIGHTMARE WAS AHEAD OF ME. I WILL CONTINUE GRITCHN AND EXCHANGNG THE JUNKER, HOPEFULLY THEY'LL GET AS SICK OF ME AS I AM OF THE  ATT DENIAL OF THE PROBLEM.

NOKIA 6350 IS THE BIGGEST HUNK O JUNK I EVER USED. REPEATED RESETS BECAUSE THIS WORLD PHONE NEVER WORKS AT DFW OR LAX AIRPORTS.  WHAT A JOKE; TOO BAD NOT DISCOVERED B4 THE 1 MONTH PERIOD FOR TRADE.  TONS OF ATT EXCUSES. SAME PROBLEMS AS OTHER PEOPLE REPORTED , PLUS THE NO SIGNAL AT AIRPORTS, LIFE OR DEATH FOR ME TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY RIDE WHEN I ARRIVE AT EITHER CITY.  PHONE ALSO CONNECTS TO THINGS THAT COST ME WHEN I CLOSE IT, SO HAD ALL MESSAGING TURNED OFF.  WISH I HAD PAID THE 40 BUCKS 4 THE BATTERY TO MY OLD SAMSUNG, 6-7 YEARS OLD, BUT A CONSTANT QUALITY.  THIS NIGHTMARE IS NOT ENDING.  AFTER MULTIPLE RESETS, MULTIPLE SIM CARDS, AND TWICE ATT DOWNGRADED ME TO 2G SERVICE AS IF THAT'S A SOLUTION. DUH, ATT N NOKIA KN OW THIS IS A HUN K O JUNK.  TOO BAD I DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE I SAW AT THE SERVICE CENTER PRIOR TO BUYING, ORTHESE POSTS, THEN I WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT A TWO YEAR NIGHTMARE WAS AHEAD OF ME. I WILL CONTINUE GRITCHN AND EXCHANGNG THE JUNKER, HOPEFULLY THEY'LL GET AS SICK OF ME AS I AM OF THE  ATT DENIAL OF THE PROBLEM.

8 of 8 (1,388 Views)