No signal overseas

Contributor

No signal overseas

My iPhone is working well in China and Mongolia, but two friends who just got their iPhones stateside (two days before leaving) are unable to have any service. For the Network they get "no network available". Their settings seem proper, so I wonder if AT&T wireless needs to enable their phones for overseas. The phones were working Stateside. Also no network recognition in Japan. Suggestions for them? (I have also told them about the international roaming and data plans).
Thanks
Message 1 of 3 (1,743 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: No signal overseas

solonglake wrote:
My iPhone is working well in China and Mongolia, but two friends who just got their iPhones stateside (two days before leaving) are unable to have any service. For the Network they get "no network available". Their settings seem proper, so I wonder if AT&T wireless needs to enable their phones for overseas. The phones were working Stateside. Also no network recognition in Japan. Suggestions for them? (I have also told them about the international roaming and data plans).
Thanks

My guess would be that you're right and they don't have international roaming enabled on their accounts. They need to call AT&T international CS at 1-916-843-4685 and get them to enable the roaming.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (1,738 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: No signal overseas

I believe the call is free from your iPhone.
Message 3 of 3 (1,732 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.