Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 22, 2009
4:16:41 PM
View profile
No signal overseas
My iPhone is working well in China and Mongolia, but two friends who just got their iPhones stateside (two days before leaving) are unable to have any service. For the Network they get "no network available". Their settings seem proper, so I wonder if AT&T wireless needs to enable their phones for overseas. The phones were working Stateside. Also no network recognition in Japan. Suggestions for them? (I have also told them about the international roaming and data plans).
Thanks
My iPhone is working well in China and Mongolia, but two friends who just got their iPhones stateside (two days before leaving) are unable to have any service. For the Network they get "no network available". Their settings seem proper, so I wonder if AT&T wireless needs to enable their phones for overseas. The phones were working Stateside. Also no network recognition in Japan. Suggestions for them? (I have also told them about the international roaming and data plans).
Thanks

No signal overseas

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2009 5:16:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

solonglake wrote:
Thanks

My guess would be that you're right and they don't have international roaming enabled on their accounts. They need to call AT&T international CS at 1-916-843-4685 and get them to enable the roaming.

solonglake wrote:
Thanks

My guess would be that you're right and they don't have international roaming enabled on their accounts. They need to call AT&T international CS at 1-916-843-4685 and get them to enable the roaming.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No signal overseas

2 of 3 (1,730 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2009 5:53:42 PM
(0)
Guru
I believe the call is free from your iPhone.
I believe the call is free from your iPhone.

Re: No signal overseas

3 of 3 (1,724 Views)