No signal on iphone 3gs when 3g is enabled

Contributor

No signal on iphone 3gs when 3g is enabled

I've had this problem for a few months now.  If I have my 3g on I have either no signal or one bar and nobody can call or text me.  If I have 3g off I'll have 4 or 5 bars all the time.  I wanted to take my phone to apple, but the warranty expired.  Does anyone know who I can contact to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: No signal on iphone 3gs when 3g is enabled

What makes you think it is a hardware problem?

Have you tried putting your SIM into another phone to see if the issue follows the SIM?
Have you contacted AT&T to see if they are experiencing network issues in your area?
Are others in your area experiencing problems?

Message 2 of 4
Employee

I'd try a corporate store to let them do a lil trouble shooting..

Could easily be the SIM
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Hi

Ive been experiencing the same issues for a while now. When my 3G is on, i lose all signal (bars and data). When i turn 3G off, I am on Edge and I have signal bars. My wife has a 3GS just like mine, and hers works just fine. I put her sim in my phone, still faced same issue. I got a new sim from AT&T, did not fix the issue. So it's either 1 of 2 things

1. physical problem with my phone - i have done many searches and spoke to phone technicians and haven't seen any other reported issues

2. a setting that must be edited or set in the phone

i've gone to AT&T and Apple. Att had no clue, and apple wanted to swap my phone out for $150 (out of warranty).

I've restored the phone, rebooted, reset network settings, all to no avail.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support