Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 14, 2009
9:53:21 AM
View profile
No sigature required on shipments?????
I am sitting here on hold for over one HOUR now!! I added a line to my existing account that I have had for almost ten years now and AT@T shipped a phone to my front door and guess what? No signature required for delivery so it was dropped off on a Monday at 12:19 pm at my front door and we never received it. This is a phone I was trying to get for my eleven year old for Christmas and now they are trying to tell me that I am SOL. Even though they actually have the option to get a signature for delivery it was never offered, so please explain it to me how that is fair. My phone contract is up so I am going to take my business elsewhere along with the four other phones that are on my non existing contract, all because you will not send me a phone that you messed up on. Just so everyone knows it was a free phone wasn't like it was a I-phone. Some things never cease to amaze me.
I am sitting here on hold for over one HOUR now!! I added a line to my existing account that I have had for almost ten years now and AT@T shipped a phone to my front door and guess what? No signature required for delivery so it was dropped off on a Monday at 12:19 pm at my front door and we never received it. This is a phone I was trying to get for my eleven year old for Christmas and now they are trying to tell me that I am SOL. Even though they actually have the option to get a signature for delivery it was never offered, so please explain it to me how that is fair. My phone contract is up so I am going to take my business elsewhere along with the four other phones that are on my non existing contract, all because you will not send me a phone that you messed up on. Just so everyone knows it was a free phone wasn't like it was a I-phone. Some things never cease to amaze me.

No sigature required on shipments?????

17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 10:57:23 AM
(0)
Master
Keep on calling ATT and have have them ship you another phone.  If they refuse you can always file a charge-back on the credit card used.  But you only want to do that as a last resort.  Keep logs/records of your conversations with ATT so you you have a timeline of what was talked about and discussed so if you had to do a chargback you could provide all the information to the credit card company.
Keep on calling ATT and have have them ship you another phone.  If they refuse you can always file a charge-back on the credit card used.  But you only want to do that as a last resort.  Keep logs/records of your conversations with ATT so you you have a timeline of what was talked about and discussed so if you had to do a chargback you could provide all the information to the credit card company.

Re: No sigature required on shipments?????

2 of 18 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 12:10:57 PM
(0)
Professor
its not att's responsibility to get the package signed, its the shipper, so FEDEX/UPS/USPS....generally UPS requires a signature, Fedex only requires a signature if you are in an area that is considered a "high risk" area, and USPS (united states postal service) will just drop the stuff at your door...now you should continue to call ATT because they can re order the equipment for you since it would be classified as stolen, if a rep wont help  you NICELYAND CALMLY ask for a supervisor.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
its not att's responsibility to get the package signed, its the shipper, so FEDEX/UPS/USPS....generally UPS requires a signature, Fedex only requires a signature if you are in an area that is considered a "high risk" area, and USPS (united states postal service) will just drop the stuff at your door...now you should continue to call ATT because they can re order the equipment for you since it would be classified as stolen, if a rep wont help  you NICELYAND CALMLY ask for a supervisor.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 18 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 12:17:59 PM
(0)
Scholar
Any chance that you may have previously submitted a waiver of signature form with FEDEX for your address????
Any chance that you may have previously submitted a waiver of signature form with FEDEX for your address????

4 of 18 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 1:36:20 PM
(0)
Master

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

Every phone (3) I have ever received from FEDEX has never required a signature.  And I do not have an exception listed.  The company/individual that ships you the device has to specifiy to the shipper that they require signature for delivery.  Sometimes the carrier with automaticlly require one of the value decalered at the time of shipment is over a certain amount.  

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

Every phone (3) I have ever received from FEDEX has never required a signature.  And I do not have an exception listed.  The company/individual that ships you the device has to specifiy to the shipper that they require signature for delivery.  Sometimes the carrier with automaticlly require one of the value decalered at the time of shipment is over a certain amount.  

5 of 18 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 1:42:21 PM
(0)
Professor

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Fedex requires signatures unless a package is designated as "no signature required", which is what AT&T does. I never understood that, because in some areas, which as you stated are high risk areas, the phone could be stolen. I'm not sure if there are some zip codes that AT&T ships to where they require a signature, but at my address I've never had to sign for a phone.

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Fedex requires signatures unless a package is designated as "no signature required", which is what AT&T does. I never understood that, because in some areas, which as you stated are high risk areas, the phone could be stolen. I'm not sure if there are some zip codes that AT&T ships to where they require a signature, but at my address I've never had to sign for a phone.

6 of 18 (309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 3:03:59 PM
(0)
Guru
the only package i have ever had to sign for was my 42" lcd tv.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

7 of 18 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 3:31:06 PM
(0)
Professor

cautiouscustomer wrote:

That was probably because of the value. It is common for shippers to put a release on residential packages due to the fact that they realize someone may not always be home, especially when Fedex has large windows for delivery. With almost all businesses, someone will be there. When a signature is required, Fedex will make three delivery attempts. If they do not succeed, the package will be returned to the shipper. Most businesses don't want to deal with returned packages when shipping residential. They would rather take their chances shipping with the release in place, unless the value is high.

cautiouscustomer wrote:

That was probably because of the value. It is common for shippers to put a release on residential packages due to the fact that they realize someone may not always be home, especially when Fedex has large windows for delivery. With almost all businesses, someone will be there. When a signature is required, Fedex will make three delivery attempts. If they do not succeed, the package will be returned to the shipper. Most businesses don't want to deal with returned packages when shipping residential. They would rather take their chances shipping with the release in place, unless the value is high.

8 of 18 (295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 3:37:58 PM
(0)
Guru

sitnsidewayz wrote:

cautiouscustomer wrote:

yep

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

cautiouscustomer wrote:

yep

9 of 18 (296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 5:47:26 PM
(0)
Mentor

"Every phone (3) I have ever received from FEDEX has never required a signature. "

And one orderd on Black Monday arrived Tuesday noon via FedEx AND did(!) require a signature. As for UPS I have a regular order for cigars to be shipped about every three weeks. Invariably I am required to sign - no I am not in a high risk neighborhood - EXCEPT that now, with an evident holiday shipping criush and seasonal helpers aboard the trucks, my shipment last Thursday was simply dumped at my door. Go figure.

"Every phone (3) I have ever received from FEDEX has never required a signature. "

And one orderd on Black Monday arrived Tuesday noon via FedEx AND did(!) require a signature. As for UPS I have a regular order for cigars to be shipped about every three weeks. Invariably I am required to sign - no I am not in a high risk neighborhood - EXCEPT that now, with an evident holiday shipping criush and seasonal helpers aboard the trucks, my shipment last Thursday was simply dumped at my door. Go figure.

10 of 18 (283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 7:11:37 PM
(0)
Professor

when i added my daughters line. when  DHL delivered her phone i heard the van pull up, i  looked out the peep hole the driver walked up about 15 feet from my front door and threw package on my door step from about 15 feet back and  then he ran back to his van before i could get down the walk way after opening  the door  to say something to him.needless to say the phone was damaged becuase half the keys did not work. ohh i was so MAD. i could not even speak to CS support person. he could hear it in my voice i was upset and mad.

when i added my daughters line. when  DHL delivered her phone i heard the van pull up, i  looked out the peep hole the driver walked up about 15 feet from my front door and threw package on my door step from about 15 feet back and  then he ran back to his van before i could get down the walk way after opening  the door  to say something to him.needless to say the phone was damaged becuase half the keys did not work. ohh i was so MAD. i could not even speak to CS support person. he could hear it in my voice i was upset and mad.

hello!!!

11 of 18 (236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 7:24:25 PM
(0)
Expert

When I received 2 refurbs as replacement phones, I did not have to sign for anything. I left a note on the front door of my house asking the FedEx man to PLEASE place my package on my back porch. Of course, anyone could have seen that note and I live on a very busy street where anyone could have came around the back and took my package. I guess I was just lucky they never did.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

When I received 2 refurbs as replacement phones, I did not have to sign for anything. I left a note on the front door of my house asking the FedEx man to PLEASE place my package on my back porch. Of course, anyone could have seen that note and I live on a very busy street where anyone could have came around the back and took my package. I guess I was just lucky they never did.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

12 of 18 (234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 7:56:20 PM
(0)
Master

sitnsidewayz wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

According to the FedEx website it states delivery signature is a value added option that you can choose that you have to pay a fee for when shipping if chosen.

• If no signature option is selected, we may deliver residential shipments without a signature.

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/options/index.html?tsid=s6&tssect=app27

http://images.fedex.com/us/services/pdf/Fees_Shipping_Information.pdf

FedEx® Delivery Signature Options
We provide three options when you need a signature upon delivery: Indirect Signature Required, Direct Signature Required and Adult Signature Required. Indirect Signature Required is available to residential addresses only. For shipments receiving FedEx Express Multiweight or FedEx Ground Multiweight pricing, the maximum charge is $12.25 per shipment for Indirect Signature Required, $19.25 per shipment for Direct Signature Required and $26.25 per shipment for Adult Signature Required. When you tender multiple-package shipments processed together using a FedEx electronic shipping solution to us, any FedEx Delivery Signature Option that you select will apply to all packages within the shipment.

U.S. Express Package Services,
U.S. Ground Services
  • $1.75 per package
    (Indirect Signature Required)
  • $2.75 per package
    (Direct Signature Required)
  • $3.75 per package
    (Adult Signature Required)

International Ground Service
  • $2.75 per package

sitnsidewayz wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

According to the FedEx website it states delivery signature is a value added option that you can choose that you have to pay a fee for when shipping if chosen.

• If no signature option is selected, we may deliver residential shipments without a signature.

We provide three options when you need a signature upon delivery: Indirect Signature Required, Direct Signature Required and Adult Signature Required. Indirect Signature Required is available to residential addresses only. For shipments receiving FedEx Express Multiweight or FedEx Ground Multiweight pricing, the maximum charge is $12.25 per shipment for Indirect Signature Required, $19.25 per shipment for Direct Signature Required and $26.25 per shipment for Adult Signature Required. When you tender multiple-package shipments processed together using a FedEx electronic shipping solution to us, any FedEx Delivery Signature Option that you select will apply to all packages within the shipment.

U.S. Ground Services
  • $1.75 per package
  • $2.75 per package
  • $3.75 per package

• $2.75 per package

13 of 18 (235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2009 9:55:49 AM
(0)
Professor

Planet-Ed wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

U.S. Ground Services
  • $1.75 per package
  • $2.75 per package
  • $3.75 per package

• $2.75 per package

I have worked shipping Fedex packages for the past 18 years and have shipped thousands of packages. The airbills I use have a checkbox option that can be checked for "no signature required". However, these are business airbills. It may be different for residential, which would make sense, considering the large delivery windows for residential. As I pointed out in my other post, there would probably be a high rate of returns.

Planet-Ed wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

U.S. Ground Services
  • $1.75 per package
  • $2.75 per package
  • $3.75 per package

• $2.75 per package

I have worked shipping Fedex packages for the past 18 years and have shipped thousands of packages. The airbills I use have a checkbox option that can be checked for "no signature required". However, these are business airbills. It may be different for residential, which would make sense, considering the large delivery windows for residential. As I pointed out in my other post, there would probably be a high rate of returns.

14 of 18 (221 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2009 6:32:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just had two (2) iPhones stolen from my porch last night and now AT&T is telling me they will "get around" to dealing with this in 5 to 7 business days...i.e., sometime in January.  Meanwhile, my wife's iPhone 3G we were replacing with a 3GS and my HTC Fuze, also being replaced with a 3GS, are due to be shipped, one each to the east and west coasts to the eBay buyers, TODAY!!!! As the poster above showed, this is NOT expensive for AT&T to select, and is NOT FedEx's problem as the asinine CSR I had 1st tried to tell me.

Having been an AT&T customer off and on since 1996, and continuously since 2002, I guess they just do not care that I am VERY close to disputing this charge with American Express, canceling my account due to AT&T's failure to ensure I got my phones as we contracted, and getting Droid phones from Verizon. Now, my wife LOVES her iPhone, so AT&T might not lose me yet...but it will not be on their accord and will be ONLY because I care about my wife's happiness.

This pervasive failure to take responsibility and inability to override an ignorant policy to take care of a long-time customer being billed almost $200 a month for 3 lines on a family plan with unlimited data and text (1 line of which uses a fraction of the data it could, so it is probably pure profit for them)  We don't call many non-AT&T customers, so that is also a concern due to the fact that we have 5,000 rollover minutes (about to reduce my plan to 450 minutes from 700...still won't use them all, but I'll save some money).

Has anyone else found anyone who could break this "5-7 days" window? I have got to figure something out today so I can ship our phones out ASAP and still have phones to use.  Is there someone / some # to call, or a local store in D/FW someone has used that might be able to do an override and fix this major fiasco?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I just had two (2) iPhones stolen from my porch last night and now AT&T is telling me they will "get around" to dealing with this in 5 to 7 business days...i.e., sometime in January.  Meanwhile, my wife's iPhone 3G we were replacing with a 3GS and my HTC Fuze, also being replaced with a 3GS, are due to be shipped, one each to the east and west coasts to the eBay buyers, TODAY!!!! As the poster above showed, this is NOT expensive for AT&T to select, and is NOT FedEx's problem as the asinine CSR I had 1st tried to tell me.

Having been an AT&T customer off and on since 1996, and continuously since 2002, I guess they just do not care that I am VERY close to disputing this charge with American Express, canceling my account due to AT&T's failure to ensure I got my phones as we contracted, and getting Droid phones from Verizon. Now, my wife LOVES her iPhone, so AT&T might not lose me yet...but it will not be on their accord and will be ONLY because I care about my wife's happiness.

This pervasive failure to take responsibility and inability to override an ignorant policy to take care of a long-time customer being billed almost $200 a month for 3 lines on a family plan with unlimited data and text (1 line of which uses a fraction of the data it could, so it is probably pure profit for them)  We don't call many non-AT&T customers, so that is also a concern due to the fact that we have 5,000 rollover minutes (about to reduce my plan to 450 minutes from 700...still won't use them all, but I'll save some money).

Has anyone else found anyone who could break this "5-7 days" window? I have got to figure something out today so I can ship our phones out ASAP and still have phones to use.  Is there someone / some # to call, or a local store in D/FW someone has used that might be able to do an override and fix this major fiasco?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Re: No signature required on shipments?????

15 of 18 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2009 6:40:18 AM
(0)
Scholar
About all you can do is call back and ask to speak with a supervisor........   Drop the air of entitlement and remember you are talking to a low paid frontline CSR, not the President of AT&T.   It might get you better service that way.
About all you can do is call back and ask to speak with a supervisor........   Drop the air of entitlement and remember you are talking to a low paid frontline CSR, not the President of AT&T.   It might get you better service that way.

16 of 18 (186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2009 6:45:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
I was VERY polite and professional, even AFTER their supervisor started lying to me and blaming the "No SIgnature" problem on FedEx.  Now, I am sure there was some yelling after I sat on the phone with them for FOUR HOURS only to get read the same script over and over and over even by a 2nd level supervisor who thought that maybe I had missed something when I got my US Army commision, MBA, or 12 years of professional experience when she tried to tell me that not even her supervisor had more override / decision making authority / power of any kind than she did.  Hmm, does not sound like much of a boss. Must be nice to get paid more for no more responsibility or work! Obviosuly, I'm skeptical of her claims...
I was VERY polite and professional, even AFTER their supervisor started lying to me and blaming the "No SIgnature" problem on FedEx.  Now, I am sure there was some yelling after I sat on the phone with them for FOUR HOURS only to get read the same script over and over and over even by a 2nd level supervisor who thought that maybe I had missed something when I got my US Army commision, MBA, or 12 years of professional experience when she tried to tell me that not even her supervisor had more override / decision making authority / power of any kind than she did.  Hmm, does not sound like much of a boss. Must be nice to get paid more for no more responsibility or work! Obviosuly, I'm skeptical of her claims...

17 of 18 (185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2009 7:49:44 PM
(0)
Master

I can understand your frusturation.. I would feel upset too.. Since you have to ship your current phones... You can purchase "gophones' for now. This way you have means of communication. Place your current sim card in the phone..  As for the stolen phones.. Contact att again and ask to speak to a manager again..  Also, Contact the company that placed the phones on your doorstep..

From personal experience, around christmas time one year.. I had purchased something online. had it shipped to my home. I never received it but my tracking record said that it had been dropped off at my doorstep. I had to contact the company who delivered it. From there they started a trouble report to see if it had mistakenly been left at another house.  Mysteriously the package showed up on my doorstep..

I can understand your frusturation.. I would feel upset too.. Since you have to ship your current phones... You can purchase "gophones' for now. This way you have means of communication. Place your current sim card in the phone..  As for the stolen phones.. Contact att again and ask to speak to a manager again..  Also, Contact the company that placed the phones on your doorstep..

From personal experience, around christmas time one year.. I had purchased something online. had it shipped to my home. I never received it but my tracking record said that it had been dropped off at my doorstep. I had to contact the company who delivered it. From there they started a trouble report to see if it had mistakenly been left at another house.  Mysteriously the package showed up on my doorstep..

18 of 18 (173 Views)