Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 30, 2010
12:44:07 PM
View profile
No longer able to use iPhone data?

Hello all.  I upgraded from the iPhone 3G to the Samsung Captivate.  I kept the unlimited data plan and the iPhone as a backup phone and to use as an iPod Touch.  Recently I tried putting the SIM card back into the phone because I wanted to use a radio app on 3G that's not on Android at work (where WiFi is limited).

The iPhone could recognize the SIM and I could use it to make calls, but I cannot access data over Edge or 3G.  I get a message saying I'm not subscribed.  So....am I S.O.L. when it comes it iPhone data?

Hello all.  I upgraded from the iPhone 3G to the Samsung Captivate.  I kept the unlimited data plan and the iPhone as a backup phone and to use as an iPod Touch.  Recently I tried putting the SIM card back into the phone because I wanted to use a radio app on 3G that's not on Android at work (where WiFi is limited).

The iPhone could recognize the SIM and I could use it to make calls, but I cannot access data over Edge or 3G.  I get a message saying I'm not subscribed.  So....am I S.O.L. when it comes it iPhone data?

No longer able to use iPhone data?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2010 1:02:02 PM
(0)
Professor

Contact CS.  While there is only one "Unlimited smart phone data plan", I believe there is still some difference in the billing system in how the plan is set up.  They will probably need to change you from generice smartphone unlimted to iPhone unlimited.

Contact CS.  While there is only one "Unlimited smart phone data plan", I believe there is still some difference in the billing system in how the plan is set up.  They will probably need to change you from generice smartphone unlimted to iPhone unlimited.

Re: No longer able to use iPhone data?

2 of 3 (709 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2010 6:44:12 PM
(0)
Master

satchev wrote:

Hit the nail on the head.  The iPHone does not match the data plan on the account!  A call to ATT will do..

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

After hours Support:. 1-866-801-3600

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

satchev wrote:

Hit the nail on the head.  The iPHone does not match the data plan on the account!  A call to ATT will do..

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

After hours Support:. 1-866-801-3600

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: No longer able to use iPhone data?

3 of 3 (594 Views)