Helpful Links

No Sim Card

Mentor

No Sim Card

Sync'd and Activated my wifes phone with no issues.  It has been working for about 3 hours and then get message No Sim Card.  I get out the paperclip reseat the card and boot back up and all is good.  Then 30 minutes later No Sim Card again.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 9
Master

Re: No Sim Card

It could be a bad phone but more than likely, you have a bad SIM.  Take it to an ATT store and try a new one.....

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Contributor

Had a similar situation. Took to AT&T store got a new sim and it worked for a short time then back to no sim.

Message 3 of 9
Professor

Hmmm try cleaning ur SIM with a soft cloth

Message 4 of 9
Tutor

same problem if i restart it  works than a few minutes later its back to no SIM its like having an IPOD 4.  i pull is out insert it back in and it works for a few. Because of this the phone is very unreliable i have to keep pulling it out to look at it to make sure it doesnt say insert Sim

Message 5 of 9
Mentor

Went back to the AT&T store and they replaced the SIM.  I hope that fixes it because who knows how long I would have to wait for a replacement if I need to take it back to apple.

Message 6 of 9
Professor

Doubt cleaning it or reseating it again will work. Nor rebooting the iPhone. Many started postings of this topic have tried and failed which only recourse is visiting Apple or AT&T.

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

thats what im worried about i wanted to sell my 3GS but if i keep having these problems and need to send in the Iphone4   to get a new one whos knows how long it will take

Message 8 of 9
Tutor

thats rediculous, I wouldn't buy a iphone4 for various reasons, but I'll suggest to put a layer or 2 of scotch tape on the top of the sim and reinsert into the phone.  hopefully the extra thickness will make sure the sim keeps contact the contacts in the phone.  just a thought.  If you try let us know if/how it works.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support