No Service in Thailand with my I Phone, been here 5 days now?

Contributor

No Service in Thailand with my I Phone, been here 5 days now?

I can get on the internet with hotel wifi, but can not get service for phone calls or text messages?

Message 1 of 4 (921 Views)

Re: No Service in Thailand with my I Phone, been here 5 days now?

http://www.wireless.att.com/travelguide/coverage/roaming/step1.jsp

AT&T may not have contracted roaming deals with local companies in Thailand, or your phone may not be compatible with the bands that the local companies use. Check above to see.

Message 2 of 4 (894 Views)
Professor

Did you hate at&t enable international roaming before you left?

Message 3 of 4 (885 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Hovdes,

Just because your phone is capable with the network in Thailand doesn't mean your service has that ability.

Two things to check:

1.) On your account do you have an international discount package?

2.) Is your iPhone 4 setup with Data Roaming on or Off? (Setting -> General -> Network Enable 3G, Cellular Data & Data Roaming should all be on)

If your account was not provisioned (set-up) to be used international before you left chances are you are out of luck. However call the International Customer Care at +1-916-843-4685.

{Personal content removed for your safety}

Corporate Employee

This post by me are mine alone and do not represent the views or opinions of my employer. Please contact Customer Care (1-800-331-0500) for the most correct information. This post is meant to be informative and may not be the most accurate or current information.

This is NOT an official company response.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (883 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support