Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 21, 2012
6:38:36 PM
View profile
No SIM Card message

I have had my iPad2 for over 8 months; its wifi 3G AT&T; i activated my cellular connection on an as needed basis; havent used my iPad in several months; now am getting a message that says no SIM, removed and reinserted SIM card; no change............pls help as i obviously have no internet connectivity at all...........ty

I have had my iPad2 for over 8 months; its wifi 3G AT&T; i activated my cellular connection on an as needed basis; havent used my iPad in several months; now am getting a message that says no SIM, removed and reinserted SIM card; no change............pls help as i obviously have no internet connectivity at all...........ty

No SIM Card message

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 10:06:42 AM
(0)
Professor

Have you tried calling? They may have deactivated the line because of no activity. I don't know about personal accounts, but with our corporate account AT&T will shut off some devices that go 90 days without use.

Have you tried calling? They may have deactivated the line because of no activity. I don't know about personal accounts, but with our corporate account AT&T will shut off some devices that go 90 days without use.

Re: No SIM Card message

2 of 3 (5,359 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 11:20:53 PM
(0)
Mentor
An Unprovisioned SIM will not give a NO SIM indicators just a NO SERVICE indicator. Sometimes the contact nubs inside the sim slot don't make contact with the sim. You can attempt to put a little (VERY little) flex on the module and get a better contact.

Or you can go get another module.

They are free.
An Unprovisioned SIM will not give a NO SIM indicators just a NO SERVICE indicator. Sometimes the contact nubs inside the sim slot don't make contact with the sim. You can attempt to put a little (VERY little) flex on the module and get a better contact.

Or you can go get another module.

They are free.

Re: No SIM Card message

3 of 3 (5,349 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments