No Confirmation of New Online Order?

No Confirmation of New Online Order?

I ordered a Family Plan, with 4 lines (2 smartphones) and unlimited messaging with mobile-to-mobile calling about an hour ago.

I still have yet recieved any e-mail confirmation. I checked my credit card, and it shows:

CHECKCARD 04/14 AT&T K004 9966 ESTOR BETHLEHEM PA -$1.00

So I guess they did get my order (attempting to take out a dollar to see if the account exists; a common processing practice).

I called the Order Status # (at 1-877-782-8870) to make sure if they got my order. The automated system said no record of the order can be found, and to call Customer Service (1-800-331-0500). CS put me on hold to transfer me to their online sales department, and I got disconnected... they hung up on me.

So is this a common practice with AT&T? No verifications and no communications?

FYI: I'm coming from T-Mobile.

Message 1 of 20 (3,097 Views)

Re: No Confirmation of New Online Order?

Looks like I can't edit my original post.

Note: I don't have an order #. My browser crashed after I hit "purchase", which is why I don't know if this order went through or not. The automated lookup was done with the phone number I put in as the contact.

Anyway, two hours later, I decided to call back, this time directly to Customer Service (1-800-331-0500). They transferred me to the automated Order Status... which, obviously, didn't have my order confirmation, and told me to call CS again.

This time, the agent, again, transferred me to the online sales department (1-866-391-0749). I made sure to ask for their number, in case I get "disconnected" again.

After a ~12 minute wait, the agent told me he found my order and that its processing. He also gave me the order #.

All the agents were courteous and respectful, minus the one that hung up on me ~2 hours ago. No real complaints about customer support yet... except the fact that I had to call to verify the order. Why is there no e-mail verification? I asked the agent what the e-mail associated to the order was, and it was the correct e-mail...

Although the issue was resolved, I stand by the original complaint:

Why no verifications and no communications, when ordering things online?

Message 2 of 20 (3,081 Views)

do you know if that means you passed the credit check? i'm having the same issue

Message 3 of 20 (3,056 Views)

Did your $1.00 processing message go away? I called at&t and they're saying my order didn't go through but I find that hard to believe since I also had the -$1.00 transaction in my account. But now that transaction is gone so I'm not sure.

Message 4 of 20 (3,030 Views)

do you know if that means you passed the credit check? i'm having the same issue

No clue, but I'd be aloof if I don't pass AT&T's credit check, when I have a FICO score of 780+.

Did your $1.00 processing message go away? I called at&t and they're saying my order didn't go through but I find that hard to believe since I also had the -$1.00 transaction in my account. But now that transaction is gone so I'm not sure.

The $1.00 is a processing practice, where they verify if the credit card you used is true. It has nothing to do with your order (provided you didn't give false info). That $1.00 would've disappeared regardless if your order went through or got cancelled.

Message 5 of 20 (3,018 Views)

Yeah I'm not sure why mine wouldnt go through online, ended up goin to the AT&T store and walked out with my order no problem
Message 6 of 20 (3,014 Views)

Hah, I got an e-mail saying my order was cancelled because:

Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online.

So in the end, I wasted hours trying to order online, only to end up it being cancelled for no real reason given*?

Well, this sure is annoying. Ordering online has revolutionized shopping, because it's easier. AT&T should follow that route and update their system, with the billions of dollars they make per month.

*"...unable to verify the information...": I put in correct information, and triple checked each line.

*"...you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online.": Cop out reason. Why allow me to first place an order for 3 lines, if there is a limit of 3 lines? That's just bad webshop programming.

I would like to file a formal complaint with the online shopping service. Where can I find the phone number, or address, of AT&T public affairs? Google search yields no real results.

Message 7 of 20 (3,000 Views)
Master

It's disappointing that both of your orders are proving to be this difficult. Here's an e-mail adress for which you can contact AT&T at... http://www.corp.att.com/contact/forms/inquiries.html

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 20 (2,994 Views)

It's disappointing that both of your orders are proving to be this difficult. Here's an e-mail adress for which you can contact AT&T at... http://www.corp.att.com/contact/forms/inquiries.html

Thank you. Sent a formal complaint. I hope the public relations has the decency to at least read it.

Message 9 of 20 (2,986 Views)
Master

You're welcome. I agree. I am sure they will, though.

Message 10 of 20 (2,983 Views)

Quite surprised I don't have any AT&T employees that post on this forum respond to this topic, or have any comments on this matter... I wonder what they think about my experience with AT&T order.

Message 11 of 20 (2,769 Views)

The AT&T reps I talked to in store seemed to be well aware of the problems people have when placing orders online. It really is something they should fix, ruined the whole convenience factor for me plus I had 3 reps tell me to just reorder without telling me why my order was canceled or if it even for sure was canceled. It would have been a little unnerving to have been charged twice.

Message 12 of 20 (2,764 Views)

The AT&T reps I talked to in store seemed to be well aware of the problems people have when placing orders online. It really is something they should fix, ruined the whole convenience factor for me plus I had 3 reps tell me to just reorder without telling me why my order was canceled or if it even for sure was canceled. It would have been a little unnerving to have been charged twice.

I see. I submitted an order again earlier today, and it's the same deal. No confirmation. Was going to call the rep later today, but judging by what you said, guess there's really no point heh...

Message 13 of 20 (2,755 Views)

[ Edited ]

My complaint was read, and I got a call back from the regional president, Michael {Personal content removed for safety}.

He told me basically that they're investigating the issue, and he'll help me make the order go through, should I decide to consider AT&T again (which I did, and the order did go through; I should call him to thank him for his help), and gave me his phone #.

That surprised me... I honestly did not think AT&T would read such complaint e-mail, let alone have a "regional president" call me to help me...

Kudos, AT&T. +1 for you.

Message 14 of 20 (2,743 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

Printerscape wrote:

My complaint was read, and I got a call back from the regional president. *I'm ahead of you, pamelaz. Smiley Wink*

He told me basically that they're investigating the issue, and he'll help me make the order go through, should I decide to consider AT&T again (which I did, and the order did go through; I should call him to thank him for his help), and gave me his phone #.

That surprised me... I honestly did not think AT&T would read such complaint e-mail, let alone have a "regional president" call me to help me...

Kudos, AT&T. +1 for you.

And to me! Smiley Very Happy

Glad to hear that the e-mail link worked for you. That really is a good address. I find it quite surprising that a "regional president" addressed your situation. Hopefully your order has been confirmed, if not already being sent in the mail and eventually delivered. That's great service, I would say.

Message 15 of 20 (2,737 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.