No Confirmation of New Online Order?

No Confirmation of New Online Order?

I ordered a Family Plan, with 4 lines (2 smartphones) and unlimited messaging with mobile-to-mobile calling about an hour ago.

I still have yet recieved any e-mail confirmation. I checked my credit card, and it shows:

CHECKCARD 04/14 AT&T K004 9966 ESTOR BETHLEHEM PA -$1.00

So I guess they did get my order (attempting to take out a dollar to see if the account exists; a common processing practice).

I called the Order Status # (at 1-877-782-8870) to make sure if they got my order. The automated system said no record of the order can be found, and to call Customer Service (1-800-331-0500). CS put me on hold to transfer me to their online sales department, and I got disconnected... they hung up on me.

So is this a common practice with AT&T? No verifications and no communications?

FYI: I'm coming from T-Mobile.

Message 1 of 20

Re: No Confirmation of New Online Order?

And to me! :smileyvery-happy:

Yes sir/madam! Without that link, it would've probably ended up at some random customer service center, and get stuck there =P.

I find it quite surprising that a "regional president" addressed your situation. Hopefully your order has been confirmed, if not already being sent in the mail and eventually delivered. That's great service, I would say.

Yup, he waived all the activation charges, and gave free overnight shipping (in fact, it's coming today, 4/20).

I am more than happy =). Although the tracking number e-mail still hasn't come to me via e-mail, I have to check it w/ the order number he gave me over the phone on the internet; guess there's some issue with the mail server AT&T online orders are using.

I don't know why people say AT&T has terrible customer service >.>.

P.S. Pamelaz, I didn't know I couldn't post the regional president by name... thought his name would be plastered all over the internet, since he's kind of high up there in rank. My apologies.

Message 16 of 20
Contributor

I wish I'd read these posts before ordering my phone online. I ordered it through Apple and cannot get it shipped because ATT has not set up the account. I talked to ATT and Apple on Wed. April 13 and was assured there would be no problem in account set up. I called to check and Apple told me ATT was the hold up and called ATT. I was on the phone for more than an hour with people trying to find the order (3 different ATT reps), and no one did ever tell me they were sure the order was in process. This really makes me wonder how the ATT experience is going to be from here on out.

Message 17 of 20
Master

Printerscape wrote:

And to me! :smileyvery-happy:

Yes sir/madam! Without that link, it would've probably ended up at some random customer service center, and get stuck there =P.

I find it quite surprising that a "regional president" addressed your situation. Hopefully your order has been confirmed, if not already being sent in the mail and eventually delivered. That's great service, I would say.

Yup, he waived all the activation charges, and gave free overnight shipping (in fact, it's coming today, 4/20).

I am more than happy =). Although the tracking number e-mail still hasn't come to me via e-mail, I have to check it w/ the order number he gave me over the phone on the internet; guess there's some issue with the mail server AT&T online orders are using.

I don't know why people say AT&T has terrible customer service >.>.

P.S. Pamelaz, I didn't know I couldn't post the regional president by name... thought his name would be plastered all over the internet, since he's kind of high up there in rank. My apologies.

It's great that he waived the activation fee AND threw in free overnight shipping! It truly is remarkable to hear that you are one satisfied customer. Most people come here to complain about issues they are having/a negative experience they have encountered, but it certainly is nice to hear some words of praise! Be sure to let us know when the phone is delivered/how you like it.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 18 of 20

It's great that he waived the activation fee AND threw in free overnight shipping! It truly is remarkable to hear that you are one satisfied customer.

Yes sir/mam. I have no quarrels with AT&T, and my previous judgement, based from other people's criticism of the company, was definitely proven false.

I came to AT&T, expecting terrible customer service, and left with the biggest "THAT'S TERRIBLE?! WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER GOOD?!" feeling.

Most people come here to complain about issues they are having/a negative experience they have encountered, but it certainly is nice to hear some words of praise!

Yea, in fact I read some of these topics, and most of them seem user-error. I made a post about it xD.

Be sure to let us know when the phone is delivered/how you like it.

Delivered 4/20, like promised, and turns out one member of the family hates one of the phones... so we went to a corporate store and replaced it (corporate store agreed to match the online price, again great customer service).

So far, after 2 days of heavy usage, no complaints. No dropped calls (in NYC and Long Island), data speeds are adequate (matching my old T-Mobile phone), and it just... works.

I'm absolutely baffled and stunned at the level of quality AT&T is providing me so far.

Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Master

Absolutely! You seem to be the "gold standard" of all customers. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support