Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 21, 2010
4:45:06 PM
View profile
Nexus one upgrade?

My contract is up in feb. of 2011.  I am slightly interested in getting the Nexus One, i currently have an HTC Hero and will probably stick with it if the answer to my question is what i think it is.  You can only buy the Nexus One with ATT 3g bands through google.com/phone.  But, since my contract will be up in a few months, will i be able to upgrade through ATT or can i only buy it outright through google?

My contract is up in feb. of 2011.  I am slightly interested in getting the Nexus One, i currently have an HTC Hero and will probably stick with it if the answer to my question is what i think it is.  You can only buy the Nexus One with ATT 3g bands through google.com/phone.  But, since my contract will be up in a few months, will i be able to upgrade through ATT or can i only buy it outright through google?

Nexus one upgrade?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 5:12:26 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by ryan92084 on Jun 21, 2010 at 5:12:53 PM

you can only get the ATT banded N1 outright through google unfortunately.  your only android options from att are the current aria or the upcoming (at some point) samsung captivate.

the backflop doesn't count

you can only get the ATT banded N1 outright through google unfortunately.  your only android options from att are the current aria or the upcoming (at some point) samsung captivate.

the backflop doesn't count

Re: Nexus one upgrade?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (1,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 7:36:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

I honestly dont care to buy an ATT Android device other then the Nexus.  Its not that i dont want them, the Aria would be great, other then i am looking for a bigger screen, but the ability to keep users from installing non market apps is just ridiculous.  As i said, i will probably just stick with my hero.  Thanks for the reply!

I honestly dont care to buy an ATT Android device other then the Nexus.  Its not that i dont want them, the Aria would be great, other then i am looking for a bigger screen, but the ability to keep users from installing non market apps is just ridiculous.  As i said, i will probably just stick with my hero.  Thanks for the reply!

3 of 5 (1,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 7:59:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

its actually fairly simple to install non market apps on the aria http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706887

its actually fairly simple to install non market apps on the aria http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706887

4 of 5 (1,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2010 9:12:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes but it is so much easier to go through on my Hero and tell it to trust non market apps.  that and adb is just such a hassle sometimes, i dont mind it every now and then but everytime i need to install something will get annoying.

Yes but it is so much easier to go through on my Hero and tell it to trust non market apps.  that and adb is just such a hassle sometimes, i dont mind it every now and then but everytime i need to install something will get annoying.

5 of 5 (1,271 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments