Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 24, 2011
7:50:54 AM
Nexus S Coming to AT&T???

So I have been very interested in the Google Nexus S (Made by Samsung) as my next phone.  Currently, only T-Mobile has it, but I have heard rumors that AT&T will be getting the Nexus S in March 2011.  Any truth to that rumor??? Anyone heard something different???  VERY INTERESTED IN THE NEXUS S ON THE AT&T NETWORK...

So I have been very interested in the Google Nexus S (Made by Samsung) as my next phone.  Currently, only T-Mobile has it, but I have heard rumors that AT&T will be getting the Nexus S in March 2011.  Any truth to that rumor??? Anyone heard something different???  VERY INTERESTED IN THE NEXUS S ON THE AT&T NETWORK...

Nexus S Coming to AT&T???

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 1:30:47 PM
(0)
Master

If someone had information on that it probably would already have been posted.

There are several threads on the Google forums about that subject.  But none seems to have any basis or information.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=active&q=+site:google.com+nexus+s+at%26t&sa=X&ei=uu49TZSPCsfKgQet-...

If someone had information on that it probably would already have been posted.

There are several threads on the Google forums about that subject.  But none seems to have any basis or information.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=active&q=+site:google.com+nexus+s+at%26t&sa=X&ei=uu49TZSPCsfKgQet-szBCA&ved=0CGcQrQIwBg&fp=abd5fec803d17261

Re: Nexus S Coming to AT&T???

2 of 5 (1,128 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 4:13:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

Haven't heard specifically about AT&T, but it is coming to many of the carriers in Canada that use the same bands as AT&T in March. So, you'll be able to use an unlocked unit on AT&T 3G Data and voice. Not sure if you're willing to go that way (high unsubsidized price and unlocking), but that's the only option as of now. I would assume, though, that AT&T might offer it sometime soon since it will be available with the right bands already. They just kinda wait 'til the last minute to announce anything, it seems.

Haven't heard specifically about AT&T, but it is coming to many of the carriers in Canada that use the same bands as AT&T in March. So, you'll be able to use an unlocked unit on AT&T 3G Data and voice. Not sure if you're willing to go that way (high unsubsidized price and unlocking), but that's the only option as of now. I would assume, though, that AT&T might offer it sometime soon since it will be available with the right bands already. They just kinda wait 'til the last minute to announce anything, it seems.

3 of 5 (1,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 4:19:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

Exactly. Thats why I figured AT&T would probably get the Nexus S.  My 2-yr contract ends 2/6/11 and I just want to be sure if I wait till March something good will be coming.  Preferably the newest google operating system.

Exactly. Thats why I figured AT&T would probably get the Nexus S.  My 2-yr contract ends 2/6/11 and I just want to be sure if I wait till March something good will be coming.  Preferably the newest google operating system.

4 of 5 (1,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 2:19:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Here's some more rumors saying possibly so...

Upcoming Canadian Nexus S Hints at AT&T Variant

Here's some more rumors saying possibly so...

Upcoming Canadian Nexus S Hints at AT&T Variant

5 of 5 (1,022 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments