Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 2, 2011
9:17:25 PM
View profile
Newsstand
I think we should be able to deleate preset apps that we don't want. Especially newsstand, I don't need or want this. U feel the same about the stock app as well.
I think we should be able to deleate preset apps that we don't want. Especially newsstand, I don't need or want this. U feel the same about the stock app as well.

Newsstand

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 8:41:32 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:42:43 AM

Angelarosenthal wrote:

Might want to post this on Apples forums - Newstand is their app, it is on my verizon Iphone. Installed as part of IOS5

As far as carrier specific applications, all carriers have undeletable apps, so there is no difference there. I just move them to their own subfolder on the last menu page.

Angelarosenthal wrote:

Might want to post this on Apples forums - Newstand is their app, it is on my verizon Iphone. Installed as part of IOS5

As far as carrier specific applications, all carriers have undeletable apps, so there is no difference there. I just move them to their own subfolder on the last menu page.

Re: Newsstand

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 9:21:55 AM
(0)
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:

Angelarosenthal wrote:

Though with the Newsstand while you can move it to your last page, you can't place it in a folder, since it is already a folder in and of itself.

wingrider01 wrote:

Angelarosenthal wrote:

Though with the Newsstand while you can move it to your last page, you can't place it in a folder, since it is already a folder in and of itself.

3 of 6 (178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 2:50:24 PM
(0)
Expert

archermoo wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Angelarosenthal wrote:

interesting, never even opened it, just moved it to the junk page at the end of the list

archermoo wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Angelarosenthal wrote:

interesting, never even opened it, just moved it to the junk page at the end of the list

4 of 6 (151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 12:08:31 PM
(0)
Guru

While you technically shouldn't be able to move Newsstand to a folder, some of the tech blogs posted a way to do it that is essentially a bug in iOS 5. It's great if you absolutely plan on never using it, but launching it from within a folder will crash Springboard and reboot the phone.

archermoo wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Angelarosenthal wrote:

While you technically shouldn't be able to move Newsstand to a folder, some of the tech blogs posted a way to do it that is essentially a bug in iOS 5. It's great if you absolutely plan on never using it, but launching it from within a folder will crash Springboard and reboot the phone.

archermoo wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Angelarosenthal wrote:

5 of 6 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 12:13:52 PM
(0)
Mentor
You can actually put it in a folder! Its a glitch! Look it up on youtube its very easu to find! Just once its in a folder dont open it cause it will restart your iPhone, not reset, restart.
You can actually put it in a folder! Its a glitch! Look it up on youtube its very easu to find! Just once its in a folder dont open it cause it will restart your iPhone, not reset, restart.

6 of 6 (114 Views)