News on Post Mango (7740) update?

GBK
Mentor

News on Post Mango (7740) update?

Any news when and if we can expect this (7740) update?  It has some exchange 2003 fixes and a few others.

Europe is getting this update now. 

ATT - are there plans to offer this or will we have to wait for the next full release like when you skipped the 7392 security update?

Message 1 of 6 (1,025 Views)
Professor

Re: News on Post Mango (7740) update?

I called tech support a couple of days ago asking the very question  their answer......never heard of it

Message 2 of 6 (997 Views)
Highlighted
GBK
Mentor

I suspect when you call their tech support you're directed to the janitorial staff..   sorry to say but they are utterly worthless or they're specifically thought to be uninformed and unhelpful.

I guess I was hoping someone moderating the forum for windows phone would have the information... even if to say.. we don't have a firm date but it we're working on a release PRIOR to the next scheduled windows phone OS release (ie. Tango).

too much to hope for as a customer I guess... pretending you know nothing about it just makes ATT look incompetent.

Message 3 of 6 (994 Views)
Professor

Things are poor

Message 4 of 6 (990 Views)
Mentor

Precisely why I sent my Focus S back this past Monday - wanted to be sure they had it within the thirty-day window given that we weren't getting any answers on when to expect the fix (or whether we'd ever get one).  We will be moving to Exchange 2010 but probably not until late next year.  SIM's back in the Tilt2 and at&t is out a $199 sell for the moment.  When I see that the phones have the update, I'll give it another shot.  Perhaps the Nokia's will be part of the equation by then.

Message 5 of 6 (982 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

My phone did a hard reset on its own last night...thought it was 7740; but, alas, Zune says I am still with 7720...

Message 6 of 6 (973 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.