Newly purchased unlocked iPhone

Contributor

Newly purchased unlocked iPhone

Good day,

I recently bought a white unlocked iPhone 4g from an apple store nearby me. I was wondering if I could get a really simple plan, no  contract, for my phone. I only live in the US for 4 months at a time, and I really don't need to shell out a lot of money for a contract from AT&T that I would hardly use. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: Newly purchased unlocked iPhone

If you already have a decent US credit rating, you should have no problems going into an AT&T store to sign-up for an account on a month-to-month basis (just as many customers remain after their contract expires).  Expect that you will pay around $80-100 a month for that account.  I think it comes out to about $50-60 a month for the lowest monthly voice plan (around 500 miutes), $25 a month for a 2GB smart phone data plan, $10-20 a mnth for text messages, and then the misc. surcharges and taxes.  My account generally runs about $90 per month after corporate employee discounts.

If you don't have a good US credit rating, you can expect AT&T to want a security deposit from you before offering you service.  I have heard many international folks come in and be told they will have to pay a $500 securiry deposit to get service from AT&T simply because they do not have a credit history in the US.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
Expert

macowner wrote:

I meant one of these: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp

No the iphone is still not eligble for a go-phone plan

Message 4 of 5
Master

Given that you will not be under contact, getting a standard plan that you can cancel at any time is not going to be problem.  You may need to pay a deposit on the account that will be fully refundable less any outstanding service fees.  One thing to remember is that even without a contract, you must have a data plan on any line using a iPhone or other similar smart phones.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support