Newbie help needed about downloads!!

Contributor

Newbie help needed about downloads!!

I have just recently gotten my Samsung Captivate and would like to know how to download music and/or audiobooks to my phone.  I am techno challenged so any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5 (174 Views)
Master

Re: Newbie help needed about downloads!!

The easiest way is sync or copy it from a PC to your phone via USB. Captivate USB ports operate in many different modes. For music or audio books, it will be easiest to use MTP mode if you have a Windows Vista or Windows 7 PC . You can select your USB mode in Settings. Then you can either manually copy the files over or use Windows Media play to sync it over.

Message 2 of 5 (163 Views)
Master

I use an app that I downloaded from the Android Market that's called "MP3 Music Download". It's probably my favorite third-party app on my phone. All I need to do is type in the song I want, play a preview of it before downloading, and then press "Download".

It's all free music, the app itself is free, and it even syncs to the stock Music Player. Best part of all, there are no cables/difficult programs to get the music. Everything is done right from the phone itself. Smiley Happy

Not quite sure about audiobooks, however.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 5 (156 Views)
Contributor

Thank you so much.  I will give that a try.  I have iTunes on my desktop but not sure if anything I loaded into it or chose to download from my library would work on the Samsung.  Is there another music program you might recommend??

Thank you again.

Message 4 of 5 (139 Views)
Master

Yes. An app called Doubletwist should allow you to sync your music in iTunes onto your phone. At least, that's what I've been told that it does.

Initially, I was going to download Doubletwist until a user here recommend MP3 Mhsic Download. I still feel like I should give Doubletwist a try to see what it's like, but I haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

Hope this helps!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.