Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 5, 2012
2:14:00 PM
View profile
New prepaid data plan - My options

OK so no more complaining about ATT, it is what it is, but the new ATT $30pm plan is too much for me.

Below are the comparisons/options for the cheapest plans including data I have read so far:

ATT  - $30pm for 50MB
TMobile  - $30pm for 30MB
H2O (use ATT Network) - $25pm for 80MB

From reading around it appears there are other phone providers like H2O who use the ATT network.
Does anyone know who they are and if they're ok / any good?.
I am assuming as theyre using ATT's network the coverage/service would be the same.

OK so no more complaining about ATT, it is what it is, but the new ATT $30pm plan is too much for me.

Below are the comparisons/options for the cheapest plans including data I have read so far:

ATT  - $30pm for 50MB

From reading around it appears there are other phone providers like H2O who use the ATT network.
I am assuming as theyre using ATT's network the coverage/service would be the same.

New prepaid data plan - My options

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2012 6:12:21 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pl1 on May 5, 2012 at 6:12:47 PM

malik007 wrote:

ATT  - $30pm for 50MB

New subs to T-Mobile can get unlimited data and text with 100 min talk for $30/mo.

Or, .10/min and switch to the daily $2/$3 unlimited plan when needed. 

malik007 wrote:

ATT  - $30pm for 50MB

New subs to T-Mobile can get unlimited data and text with 100 min talk for $30/mo.

Re: New prepaid data plan - My options

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,949 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 4:27:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

pl1 wrote:

malik007 wrote:

ATT  - $30pm for 50MB

I am a former GoPhone user.  I have not tried H20 yet, but I am using Airvoice, which also works on the AT&T network.   I purchased an Airvoice SIM on Ebay for about $1.50.  I activated it online and put $10 on the account.  I put the SIM in my Pantech Link, which was the phone that I had been using on GoPhone.  I had to call Airvoice customer service to have them send downloads to my phone, so I could use data on their service.  The take a $1 fee each month.  I am able to use data, but it is expensive......33cents/mb.  Their customer service is excellent.  Yes, they are using the AT&T network and the coverage is exactly the same as with GoPhone.  

pl1 wrote:

malik007 wrote:

ATT  - $30pm for 50MB

I am a former GoPhone user.  I have not tried H20 yet, but I am using Airvoice, which also works on the AT&T network.   I purchased an Airvoice SIM on Ebay for about $1.50.  I activated it online and put $10 on the account.  I put the SIM in my Pantech Link, which was the phone that I had been using on GoPhone.  I had to call Airvoice customer service to have them send downloads to my phone, so I could use data on their service.  The take a $1 fee each month.  I am able to use data, but it is expensive......33cents/mb.  Their customer service is excellent.  Yes, they are using the AT&T network and the coverage is exactly the same as with GoPhone.  

Re: New prepaid data plan - My options

3 of 3 (1,719 Views)