Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 4, 2010
5:23:33 PM
View profile
New iPhone Activation??

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, as I am a newbie to these forums. Anyway, we want to switch to AT&T for the iPhone, and we want to get it in time for Christmas. However, our contract isn't up until january 8th, and we want to keep our numbers, so we were wondering if we could schedule for our account to be activated on the 8th of January, but get iPhones in a couple weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, as I am a newbie to these forums. Anyway, we want to switch to AT&T for the iPhone, and we want to get it in time for Christmas. However, our contract isn't up until january 8th, and we want to keep our numbers, so we were wondering if we could schedule for our account to be activated on the 8th of January, but get iPhones in a couple weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New iPhone Activation??

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 5:34:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes

Yes

Re: New iPhone Activation??

2 of 9 (9,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 5:37:48 PM
(0)

So if I were to walk into an AT&T store next week and say "my contract is up on January 8th, but I want to get a couple iPhones for Christmas, can I schedule an activation on the 8th, and get the iPhones today?" And they would do it? (I don't want to sound redundant, I just want to clarify because I wasn't very clear.)

So if I were to walk into an AT&T store next week and say "my contract is up on January 8th, but I want to get a couple iPhones for Christmas, can I schedule an activation on the 8th, and get the iPhones today?" And they would do it? (I don't want to sound redundant, I just want to clarify because I wasn't very clear.)

3 of 9 (9,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 5:41:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yep! They'll be able to help you out!

Yep! They'll be able to help you out!

4 of 9 (9,188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 5:44:01 PM
(0)

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

5 of 9 (9,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 6:21:01 PM
(0)
Professor

Your contract with AT&T will start the day you recieve your iPhone.

It is not possible to walk into an AT&T or Apple store and walk out with an unactivated iPhone, it will be activated in store.

You can start your account with a new temporary number and then port your existing number at a later time.

Your contract with AT&T will start the day you recieve your iPhone.

It is not possible to walk into an AT&T or Apple store and walk out with an unactivated iPhone, it will be activated in store.

You can start your account with a new temporary number and then port your existing number at a later time.

6 of 9 (9,161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 6:41:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

Activations can be future dated up to 30 days.

7 of 9 (9,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:11:06 PM
(0)

Will I be charged the activation fee twice?

Will I be charged the activation fee twice?

8 of 9 (8,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:18:58 PM
(0)
Professor

kleej16 wrote:

who told you this? when i went t oa Corprate store i was told same day activation on the iphone4.

even apple told me the same thing.

kleej16 wrote:

who told you this? when i went t oa Corprate store i was told same day activation on the iphone4.

even apple told me the same thing.

hello!!!

9 of 9 (8,978 Views)